if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Stream is on atm

http://www.twitch.tv/thecardboardowl

OneTobi

12-19-2012

If you can choose to specialize in 2 roles for carrying solo queue, what would it be?

At the moment, I'm probably best mid and top, but I feel like mid and jungler has the most impact- though I am pretty bad at jungling.

OneTobi

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
If the wraith camp and tri bush topside are warded, they can't come out of the jungle with you knowing. Also you can still see up the river a bit.
As seen from this picture :

http://s.sk-gaming.com/image/image/8...3340f24c9l.jpg

Ward 2 probably gives you vision of river so I dont have to worry about getting ganked even if the enemy jungler (purple side) exits from blue golem and goes up the river.

But it looks like Ward 1 barely covers the river, what if the jungler travels from top tri bush and down river to mid- this is assuming top laner didnt ward.

BoBBy BuTThoLe

12-19-2012

1. I play mid and was wondering if you can give me about 1 or 2 of the hardest mid counters (who owns these champs) for each of the following? What about the top 1 or 2 champs that these champs pretty much do well against in mid? Assume solely the opponent and do not take into account the rest of the team.

-Katarina
-Anivia
-TF
-Karthus

2. Do you feel that when playing AP mid, you should go strictly damage and be pretty squishy? I feel that when I play champs like Kat or TF (most likely rushing dcap and another offensive item) it is mid-late game and by the time I get a defensive item it's pointless since I'm so squishy I just get burst down easy regardless. Do you think it's true?

3. Who would be your favorite mid to play in low (1200-1300) elo and carry if you get a bad team you can't rely on (e.g., a mid that is tanky, strong, or has cc?)? What about an overall favorite mid to play in this elo if your team is just average and not considered "bad"?

4. If it's early to early-mid game and I'm still in lane, where would be the most efficient place to ward? I usually just ward that straight bush closet to mid either on the top or bottom so I can see if the jungler is sitting there waiting to gank. Where would be the most efficient?

5. Another question about warding- if I only have enough for one ward and place it say on the bottom side somewhere at river, do you usually try and position yourself in lane more towards bottom since you have clear vision?

6. Question about playstyles: I have seen many different pros play differently- some literally dive for kills on level 1-2 with harrass, others play passive and farm, others poke/farm. Is this a general playstyle they like to have, or does it have to do with their champ power vs the other team's?

7. I read sometimes that Anivia is only done well with a team of "synergy"... What kind of team would be best played with Anivia? Or in my elo is it just whatever and not worry about that?

8. In my elo, is it better to have a strong early-mid middle lane champ to try and dominate/snowball early so the team will give up, or should I not worry about that? I like playing Karthus and Anivia but it seems like they get their best as the later the match is played, but not a lot of the time the games go to 35+ minutes. Also, even if I dominate with Kat early and have like 3-5 kills lead, if they play late they get twice and strong and defensive so I am not as good.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qsario

12-19-2012

Speaking of Annivia, how do you deal with it when she does the ice field, then drops a wall behind you so you're stuck in it? I think I was playing Cass when an Annivia destroyed me by doing that repeatedly. Flash was a pretty bad solution given that she could do it any time I wanted to CS.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
Speaking of Annivia, how do you deal with it when she does the ice field, then drops a wall behind you so you're stuck in it? I think I was playing Cass when an Annivia destroyed me by doing that repeatedly. Flash was a pretty bad solution given that she could do it any time I wanted to CS.
the wall range isn't that big. Bully her out, or play a more mobile champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
If you can choose to specialize in 2 roles for carrying solo queue, what would it be?

At the moment, I'm probably best mid and top, but I feel like mid and jungler has the most impact- though I am pretty bad at jungling.
You can carry from any role. Do your best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
As seen from this picture :

http://s.sk-gaming.com/image/image/8...3340f24c9l.jpg

Ward 2 probably gives you vision of river so I dont have to worry about getting ganked even if the enemy jungler (purple side) exits from blue golem and goes up the river.

But it looks like Ward 1 barely covers the river, what if the jungler travels from top tri bush and down river to mid- this is assuming top laner didnt ward.
just move it closer to the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBBy ******** View Post
1. I play mid and was wondering if you can give me about 1 or 2 of the hardest mid counters (who owns these champs) for each of the following? What about the top 1 or 2 champs that these champs pretty much do well against in mid? Assume solely the opponent and do not take into account the rest of the team.

-Katarina
-Anivia
-TF
-Karthus

2. Do you feel that when playing AP mid, you should go strictly damage and be pretty squishy? I feel that when I play champs like Kat or TF (most likely rushing dcap and another offensive item) it is mid-late game and by the time I get a defensive item it's pointless since I'm so squishy I just get burst down easy regardless. Do you think it's true?

3. Who would be your favorite mid to play in low (1200-1300) elo and carry if you get a bad team you can't rely on (e.g., a mid that is tanky, strong, or has cc?)? What about an overall favorite mid to play in this elo if your team is just average and not considered "bad"?

4. If it's early to early-mid game and I'm still in lane, where would be the most efficient place to ward? I usually just ward that straight bush closet to mid either on the top or bottom so I can see if the jungler is sitting there waiting to gank. Where would be the most efficient?

5. Another question about warding- if I only have enough for one ward and place it say on the bottom side somewhere at river, do you usually try and position yourself in lane more towards bottom since you have clear vision?

6. Question about playstyles: I have seen many different pros play differently- some literally dive for kills on level 1-2 with harrass, others play passive and farm, others poke/farm. Is this a general playstyle they like to have, or does it have to do with their champ power vs the other team's?

7. I read sometimes that Anivia is only done well with a team of "synergy"... What kind of team would be best played with Anivia? Or in my elo is it just whatever and not worry about that?

8. In my elo, is it better to have a strong early-mid middle lane champ to try and dominate/snowball early so the team will give up, or should I not worry about that? I like playing Karthus and Anivia but it seems like they get their best as the later the match is played, but not a lot of the time the games go to 35+ minutes. Also, even if I dominate with Kat early and have like 3-5 kills lead, if they play late they get twice and strong and defensive so I am not as good.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Diana and cho for kat. for the others, Fizz, leblanc.
2. No. Get some defense.
3. Your best champion is your best bet
4. ward ramps and jungle entrances
5. yes
6. It's a combination of both
7. Anivia can carry as hard as any other ap, maybe even harder.
8: It doesn't really matter in your elo.

Qsario

12-19-2012

Some random person walked through here hitting downvotes on everyone to troll. Upvoted back to normal.

Bravest Leader

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
Some random person walked through here hitting downvotes on everyone to troll. Upvoted back to normal.
much obliged

Dubstylez

12-19-2012

I recently hit lvl 30 a few months ago, since then I've been watching pro streams and playing around 5-6 hours per day. Aside from focusing on my general mechanics and map awareness in Draft mode/Normals.

1. Would you suggest playing 1-2 champions? I hear a lot of pros recommend this to newbies, or would you suggest learning 2-3 per role? (I jungle/top/bot)

2. What are your thoughts on Syndra as a high ELO viable champ? She's been the one champion mid that I have extremely liked, but when she first came out, i'de have people dodge even normal games whenever i picked her X_X, I've asked Phantoml0rd this question on his stream, but I'de like some other high elo/pro players opinions. Whacha think?

3. I've tested nearly every role: support, ADC, AP, top-bruiser, and lastly jungle. I enjoy Top, mid, and Jungle the best, but with jungle i've been having a hell of a time with learning the much different playstyle, can you recommend any habbits to get into or tips on how to learn it alittle bit easier? My Jungling champs: Maokai & Amumu

Finally 4: Is there anything I should do (minus just grinding mindless amount of games and watching pro streams) to improve my game?

My goal is to get high elo and maybe even next season or 2 aim for tournament play, to give you an idea of where I want to get to.

Thx mang. :3

Mungril

12-19-2012

Hey,

I've started to get really into Top lane instead of jungle and was very curious of who are some top picks. So i thought straight away to ask you, who are some good top lane picks at the moment. Thanks.