if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Going Ham

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazral View Post
Sorry if this question is too vague, but what would you say separates a good support from a great support? Ward placements, lane presence/control, etc? Are there any advanced things I can do in lane as a support to turn things in my favor? If it helps, my two favorite supports are Janna first and Lulu second. As Janna, I feel I have a fairly deep understanding of how to gain incremental advantages through favorable trades. However, as Lulu I still feel pretty blind about what I'm doing against players that really know what they're doing.

I just feel like I've hit a plateau recently. Anything really would be great!
A bad support wards and doesnt really do anything

A good support follows plays and responds instantly.

A great support is proactive and a leader, calls mia's for every lane, makes plays for the team, keeps morale up, and actually carries the bot lane through intelligent ward placement, harassment, and initiation. Oh and they have enough map awareness for the whole team.

Jryiah

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post

A great support is proactive and a leader, calls mia's for every lane, makes plays for the team, keeps morale up, and actually carries the bot lane through intelligent ward placement, harassment, and initiation. Oh and they have enough map awareness for the whole team.

Wow awesome advice. I played cm on my "semi-pro" dota team, this guy knows what hes talking about.

Kazral

12-17-2012

Quote:

Alright, by these standards I'm somewhere between good and great. I've never actually thought about calling mia's for every lane; that's a good idea considering I'm always watching the minimap anyway.

I feel like my ward placement is good, but not great. I still sometimes get ganked from my jungle when I'm on the bottom left team, even when I thought I had warded correctly. Is it correct to be going all the way up to the top jungle entrance and warding that too? I hate missing the xp and leaving my ADC alone that long.

Thanks for the response!

Edit to poster above me: I also enjoy CM in dota, what a fun hero

Second edit: When is it correct for me to be leaving my ADC alone bot farming to go help other lanes? Or do I never do that? So many decisions like this that I feel make the difference in the long run.

Qsario

12-17-2012

As a support Janna main, these are great tips. I know I need to look at the minimap a lot more. Never thought about doing MIAs for everyone, but it's really obvious when I think about it.

OneTobi

12-17-2012

A question regarding shen:

Is it worth building BOTH Rylai's and Frozen/Trinity on Shen? (I feel like it can benefit from both vorpal slow and AA slow, not to mention both offers +hp)

Going Ham

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazral View Post
Alright, by these standards I'm somewhere between good and great. I've never actually thought about calling mia's for every lane; that's a good idea considering I'm always watching the minimap anyway.

I feel like my ward placement is good, but not great. I still sometimes get ganked from my jungle when I'm on the bottom left team, even when I thought I had warded correctly. Is it correct to be going all the way up to the top jungle entrance and warding that too? I hate missing the xp and leaving my ADC alone that long.

Thanks for the response!

Edit to poster above me: I also enjoy CM in dota, what a fun hero

Second edit: When is it correct for me to be leaving my ADC alone bot farming to go help other lanes? Or do I never do that? So many decisions like this that I feel make the difference in the long run.
You shouldn't need to ward top until the lane phase is over except maybe once before minion spawn.

As far as leaving your adc, it depends on the lane match up, if he can farm safely alone, and how aggressive your opponents are. communicate with your team to figure out when is a good time.

Going Ham

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
A question regarding shen:

Is it worth building BOTH Rylai's and Frozen/Trinity on Shen? (I feel like it can benefit from both vorpal slow and AA slow, not to mention both offers +hp)
don't build rylais on shen. It sounds good on paper, but in practice it's really not very good.

OneTobi

12-17-2012

Quote:
don't build rylais on shen. It sounds good on paper, but in practice it's really not very good.
Ok thanks!

Also, do you think FH or Trinity force is better on Shen?

I usually build Trinity cause it has nice stats (albeit a bit expensive) but the guaranteed AA slow from FH is nice too (and more hp)

The Boss FBH

12-17-2012

I have been maining mid lane as it is my favorite and probably my best. It seems like theirs a general pattern to winning/losing at my elo where i carry almost every game. Feeding bot lane-hard to come back from. Dumb Jungler-hard to come back from. Combination of the two. gg. So do you think to carry myself up elo i should play one of those lanes or keep carrying in mid? also heres my lolking stuff http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19819075
This should prove, but doesnt fully do justice to me, that i am below my real elo

KING RÅMMUS

12-17-2012

Hello,
My name is Dan and the Team Captain of Team-ExPT.
We are doing what we can to promote our site the best way possible.
My wife, god bless her heart is our site IT personal and does a wonderfull job at keeping the site running and changing around things as needed. She works with PhotoShop and HTML.
Our site is only a few months old but is starting to grow more by the day.
I see you do streams for I just started doing them too!

We at ExoticPlayTactics would like to ask you if you would be willing to post your knowledge on your very own questions page on our forum, where you will be granted Admin status so you can controll your page!

If you will please check us out here http://www.exoticplaytactics.enjin.com

Thank you for your time.
Dan