if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoLash View Post
Yo Cardboardowl, I've recently decided to expand my roster (I'm not ranked yet though, lvl 23 and working on it xD). Is it possible for you to compose a list of champions that are easy to carry with without requiring much farm? For example Renekton, Rumble who can really win lane early on, instead of champs like Jax or Irelia who need to wait till late game or until getting fed to really make an impact?

Thanks in advance
All champions really require farm to do well.

However champions can roam heavily, if that's what you want, those are mostly mid champs. If you are gonna play top, learn how to farm. Anyway,

Eve
Fizz
Leblanc
Kat
Panth
Talon
Kha

Happy hunting

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousNomad View Post
Look at my runes and masteries. Thoughts?

Also. Do you feel its better to play a champ and role that you like or to ride the fotm train? Example, I love twitch but ppl also complain I don't go graves vayne ezreal. I think I'm getting better at my game play and just don't know if I couod carry harder with a stronger ADC. Even if I'm fed and up 4-5 kills early in game, it seems as if I need to still work. Where as if I'm in a game with a fed champ they just 3 shot, etc.

Thanks.
It is better to play a champion really well, whether they are fotm or not.

However, most champs are fotm for a reason, and that reason being they are usually very strong atm. being adaptable is good too.

I'll look at ur runes and stuff soon.

Diomedes343

12-15-2012

Who is a reliable mid lane champ to play whenever my preferred roles are taken? Since I mostly play ADC and Support, I'm occasionally forced to pick a different lane if I happen to be matched with a pair who were planning on laning together. In the past I've just used whatever was available in the free rotation, but I feel like it would be more practical to learn a mid laner or two to have consistently available.
If it helps, the AD carries I play the most are Tristana and Vayne because they snowball hard and are total beasts late game. For support I like Taric, Lulu, and Nami for the cc and teamfight utility they have.
I was thinking about Fiddlesticks and Zyra because I've been interested in trying them both out as supports, and it they can double as ap mids that's all the more reason to get them. On the other hand, I want to be able to learn the basics of mid lane so I can avoid feeding, at the very least, and I have no idea which champions are good for that.

How does mid differ from playing adc, besides the lack of a dedicated support, occasionally ganking bot/top, and the types of champions used there?

Cardboardowl

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes343 View Post
Who is a reliable mid lane champ to play whenever my preferred roles are taken? Since I mostly play ADC and Support, I'm occasionally forced to pick a different lane if I happen to be matched with a pair who were planning on laning together. In the past I've just used whatever was available in the free rotation, but I feel like it would be more practical to learn a mid laner or two to have consistently available.
If it helps, the AD carries I play the most are Tristana and Vayne because they snowball hard and are total beasts late game. For support I like Taric, Lulu, and Nami for the cc and teamfight utility they have.
I was thinking about Fiddlesticks and Zyra because I've been interested in trying them both out as supports, and it they can double as ap mids that's all the more reason to get them. On the other hand, I want to be able to learn the basics of mid lane so I can avoid feeding, at the very least, and I have no idea which champions are good for that.

How does mid differ from playing adc, besides the lack of a dedicated support, occasionally ganking bot/top, and the types of champions used there?
Picking up zyra would be a good idea if you are a support main, since she can double has both and you can be familiar with her mechanics.

If you want a mid champ that is difficult to feed with, go for ahri. Triple flash makes for a safe lane. Also has a scary late game.

Fiddle is kind of hard to play mid unless ur a pro fiddle.

Sion is easy, but not top tier anymore. Still viable though.

fizz and ziggs are both really fun too, some of my favorites.

As an ap carry, it's ok to dive for kills as long as you nuke everyone real hard and then die. as the adc u want to stay alive and do dmg the whole time, thats the difference. If you can nuke AND stay alive, that would be best, but don't be afraid to flash to insta gib.

Diomedes343

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Picking up zyra would be a good idea if you are a support main, since she can double has both and you can be familiar with her mechanics.

If you want a mid champ that is difficult to feed with, go for ahri. Triple flash makes for a safe lane. Also has a scary late game.

Fiddle is kind of hard to play mid unless ur a pro fiddle.

Sion is easy, but not top tier anymore. Still viable though.

fizz and ziggs are both really fun too, some of my favorites.

As an ap carry, it's ok to dive for kills as long as you nuke everyone real hard and then die. as the adc u want to stay alive and do dmg the whole time, thats the difference. If you can nuke AND stay alive, that would be best, but don't be afraid to flash to insta gib.
I've been interested in Ziggs too, actually. How steep would you say the learning curve is for Zyra, Ziggs or Ahri? Which do you feel are the easiest to get to know mid lane with?
Thanks for the good advice. Since I'll be getting these champs with IP, it'll be a while between purchases (at ~1000 right now), so I want to have an idea of what I'm in for with each one before buying.

guesswhonotme

12-15-2012

Bump, this dude's advice is great. Before when i played ryze i would feed in mid against AD champions, and have around 12 deaths at the end of the game (i'm not level 30 so i'm still learning!). Last game not only was i fed, but I got the least amount of deaths on a losing team, only one with above 5 kills and lowest deaths at 15/7/7 (their team dominated, but i still did well). He can spot mistakes in your itemization, runes, or anything just ask him! very friendly even towards a non lvl-30 and feeding noob like me ^.^.

rikoLash

12-16-2012

Thanks bro. I think my next to buys will be Lee Sin and Kha Zix...then I'll complete my runes.
What I meant by champions who require farm to do well is not someone who is weak early game but gets strong with items such as ADCs like Vayne/Kog'Maw, but someone who can bully early on and has strong early game stats or ratios.

BoBBy BuTThoLe

12-16-2012

If I learn to use Anivia a lot better, should I use the following runes:
magic pen reds
flat mr blues
mana regen yellows
flat ap quints

OR

switch yellows with hp/lvl?
and quints with MS quints?

And I would usually go boots/pots, chalice first, tear, rush RoA, finish tear/chalice, then finish the other, then go deathcap. Masteries I'm not sure of.. 21/9/0 or 21/0/9? Too much?

TheDarkHope

12-16-2012

Rammus. he's hands down my favorite champion. but where does he fit? im trying to the jungle route but i can't find a fully up to date jungle guide. x.x

FearTheAmish

12-16-2012

so bought Rengar when he came out but only played him a bit (felt he was Very OP and was gonna get nerfed into oblivion) so haven't played him in awhile how is he doing in pre-S3 as well as since he just got nerfed again? also this is for Jungle for more info i normally jungle Rammus, Mao, Malph (if we need tanks) or Noc, Olaf for DMG.

(also how do you feel about the bots + pots and waiting the few seconds for the 4th pot)