if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

11-08-2012

i should probably figure this out by personal experience but i figure your a high elo jungler anyway. Lee sins best builds, i dont have enough experience with him to deviate from the 21/9/0 arm pen/ad standard rune page and the wriggles rush. Id like to know when its best to go for double dorans over wriggles, when its best to get ageis, phage vs hexdrinker( health vs mr against aps), when its best to max W over Q first, When its cool to go for 21 in defense. Wondering if you've tried any of these things yourself and what you thought of them. Plz provide reasoning as to why you would go one build over the another in some situations.

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
i should probably figure this out by personal experience but i figure your a high elo jungler anyway. Lee sins best builds, i dont have enough experience with him to deviate from the 21/9/0 arm pen/ad standard rune page and the wriggles rush. Id like to know when its best to go for double dorans over wriggles, when its best to get ageis, phage vs hexdrinker( health vs mr against aps), when its best to max W over Q first, When its cool to go for 21 in defense. Wondering if you've tried any of these things yourself and what you thought of them. Plz provide reasoning as to why you would go one build over the another in some situations.
I used to go 9-21 but I simply dont gank hard enough when I went that route. You only go dorans when you are losing and cant get your wriggles up. ALWAYS get aegis. ALWAYS get phage. Get hexdrinker if a mage carry is fed. NEVER MAX Q FIRST. ALWAYS MAX IT LAST.
E->W->Q->

Basically only go 21 in defense if the rest of your team does mad damage and they need a tanky peeler

Duhizy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
I used to go 9-21 but I simply dont gank hard enough when I went that route. You only go dorans when you are losing and cant get your wriggles up. ALWAYS get aegis. ALWAYS get phage. Get hexdrinker if a mage carry is fed. NEVER MAX Q FIRST. ALWAYS MAX IT LAST.
E->W->Q->

Basically only go 21 in defense if the rest of your team does mad damage and they need a tanky peeler

excuse me for my language......BUT WHO THE FUK...... DOESNT MAX Q ON LEEEEE????? less damage no? not a better route to snowball early game? what ability do u get at level 2 with that route?.....damn man mind=blown

Edit: oh ye i like to get HOG after wriggles before ageis, what do u think?if you get double dorans first do you still finish you wriggles or just go HoG/ageis/phage. Also phage or ageis first?

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
excuse me for my language......BUT WHO THE FUK...... DOESNT MAX Q ON LEEEEE????? less damage no? not a better route to snowball early game? what ability do u get at level 2 with that route?.....damn man mind=blown

Edit: oh ye i like to get HOG after wriggles before ageis, what do u think?if you get double dorans first do you still finish you wriggles or just go HoG/ageis/phage. Also phage or ageis first?
Maxing Q on lee is simply a common misconception. It is infinity better to max E if you are jungling. If you are laning you max W to have your sustain kick their ass.

Get Q at lvl two if you are jungling and going to gank. If you are top go W-E

If i get double dorans i dont finish wriggles.

I don't get HoG too often unless i get fed early.

If you don't believe me I'll be happy to play lee against you tonight, I'm about to go to work for about 8 hours though

Duhizy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Maxing Q on lee is simply a common misconception. It is infinity better to max E if you are jungling. If you are laning you max W to have your sustain kick their ass.

Get Q at lvl two if you are jungling and going to gank. If you are top go W-E

If i get double dorans i dont finish wriggles.

I don't get HoG too often unless i get fed early.

If you don't believe me I'll be happy to play lee against you tonight, I'm about to go to work for about 8 hours though
I considered maxing E at one point but i figured that Q just did so much more damage and the fact that all the pros maxed Q didnt help, but i could understand how it would be a viable option. What if your lanes dont have the damage in a gank to kill someone without you maxing Q? I believe you, you neednt worry, im asking you these questions because i dont currently have the time to try them all myself and I was curious.

ExecutionerKen

11-08-2012

Got to come in and say this, there is some lane that you want to max E over maxing W in top lane, for example, if you are facing Irelia, maxing E is totally worth it. (but still put some level into W, of course)

Maxing Q is more of a pubstomp way to play Lee, potentially if the enemy lack sustain,and you can use auto attacks between the two parts of Q, yes, the skill will do the most damage, but often that won't be possible if the enemy are good players, thus the reason more and more people prefer to max W for sustain, or max E because it is impossible to miss.

Duhizy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Got to come in and say this, there is some lane that you want to max E over maxing W in top lane, for example, if you are facing Irelia, maxing E is totally worth it. (but still put some level into W, of course)

Maxing Q is more of a pubstomp way to play Lee, potentially if the enemy lack sustain,and you can use auto attacks between the two parts of Q, yes, the skill will do the most damage, but often that won't be possible if the enemy are good players, thus the reason more and more people prefer to max W for sustain, or max E because it is impossible to miss.
Ken what are your thoughts on this max E in the jungle business, im beginning to see all the advantages that you gain from maxing it first and i suppose the the damage isnt really lower in ganks when you consider the slow is greater which results in more auto attacks and more time for your team mates to do damage. Not to mention what i presume would result in a faster, more sustained jungle clear.

ExecutionerKen

11-08-2012

Quote:
Ken what are your thoughts on this max E in the jungle business, im beginning to see all the advantages that you gain from maxing it first and i suppose the the damage isnt really lower in ganks when you consider the slow is greater which results in more auto attacks and more time for your team mates to do damage. Not to mention what i presume would result in a faster, more sustained jungle clear.
I prefer dropped 2 levels into E then max out Q, however. The potential burst from Q is still too much for me to give up on.

Duhizy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I prefer dropped 2 levels into E then max out Q, however. The potential burst from Q is still too much for me to give up on.
ikr, so tempting, but you must see the appeal that maxing E brings. Then again according to the wiki neither the cooldown or the attack speed debuff seem to increase with level so its really hard to trade that much damage for just a slow.

Cardboardowl

11-09-2012

Quote:
ikr, so tempting, but you must see the appeal that maxing E brings. Then again according to the wiki neither the cooldown or the attack speed debuff seem to increase with level so its really hard to trade that much damage for just a slow.
You play lee for utility, not for damage. If you are playing a champ for damage, play shyvana or shaco.