Grinding out of Elo Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxLumberJackxxX

07-01-2012

Hey Guys,

I'm in ELO hell and would like to get out.
Unfortunately at the moment one of the champions I like to play most is a support/tank -Alistar. I've noticed though that no matter what happens I can't carry with him since... he isn't a carry.
Should I just ignore my team while I'm low ranked and pick someone I can carry with? Advice for getting out of ELO craphole is appreciated...

FaerellG

07-01-2012

Step 1: Be able to play all roles.
Have at least 2 champions you are comfortable in every typical role in the game.

You can't get pidgeonholed into 1 champion/role. You can't guaranteed that you'll always get that role, and you can't guarantee that your champion won't get banned or picked by the other team, or even your own teammates.

That's the first step.

ProPlayerEd

07-02-2012

Another thing you should know is that in the Low Elos, people have a tendency to surrender when there being pubstomped in the early game part.

Solution, Play mid lane or Jungler champ because they effect the game the most and can carry you through the early/mid game part which is the most impoartant in low elos.

Also play a champ like leblanc that just destroys the early/mid game part and you can just tell the enemy team will be complaining "GG noob mid".

Overall: Play champs with good early/mid game and try getting mid or jungle

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

How can you not carry as Alistar? Alistar wins games. I'm serious here. His teamfighting is just too good.

I'm pretty sure Reep has some videos up somewhere. Watch and learn. (He had been dodging to stay in ~1200s, then keeping a 98% win rate with Alistar. It's a jerk move IMO, but boy can Alistar ever carry games.)

Inspira

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirielis View Post
How can you not carry as Alistar? Alistar wins games. I'm serious here. His teamfighting is just too good.

I'm pretty sure Reep has some videos up somewhere. Watch and learn. (He had been dodging to stay in ~1200s, then keeping a 98% win rate with Alistar. It's a jerk move IMO, but boy can Alistar ever carry games.)
I think he means support/tank role instead of jungle anyways, thanks for sharing the stream:

http://www.own3d.tv/Reep/video/692950

Watching now and commenting again later.

Just Heimy

02-18-2014

Try To communicate as much with your team.

- Try to tell them spots to be warded to avoid getting picked off easily
- Give them tips on how to focus backline correctly ( Like that 10 - 0 Vayne)
- Champions are not really what decide game fate (Viktor-Yi / Defeat)But some Champs in some situations are better than others
- If anyone you ever see starts doing bad instead of rageing ( "GG Noob Top lane") What you should do is try to help him out by ganking him if your mid / jungle In the case of when u are an adc if your doing good and think you could hold the lane alone for a while what you should do is tell your support to go top to help him

Those are the only things that i find to help "Carry" Elo Hell THeres probably more but those are the reasons i kinda got out of it.