Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Serpent Lord, the Unfettered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Formless

08-11-2012

I don't know much about balancing the numbers on the champ but for some reason his health seems a little high. If Im reading It correctly his W and his E are both dashes while his R makes him immune to debuffs. I think that this will make him almost impossible to kill when you have him low on health. I think that his Q and E shouldn't do damage based on % health. If he lands both of those abilities at max level then any champ will lose 44% of their health in just five seconds.

I would change the Q to deal a flat amount of magic damage through poison and reduce the champions armor.

His R would make all mages completely ineffective against him.and should probably be scaled back. I would recommend 25%/35%/45% reduced magic damage and change critical strike chance to critical strike damage increase of 15%/25%/30%. This way his Ult is not completely useless if he already has a good deal of critical strike chance.

My final thought is on the name. Most champions have normal names or some exotic names. Your champions name is more or less a title. Come up with name for they guy to give make him seem more finished.

If you get a chance could you review my champion Carn, the professors masterpiece? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2230929

*ps don't be discouraged that you aren't getting reviews its extremely difficult to get anyone to look at these. I don't think Ive had a single champion review and I've posted 4 champs. try doing a review exchange deal or something that seems to get people to do reviews

Script Lord

08-11-2012

Quote:
Formless:
I don't know much about balancing the numbers on the champ but for some reason his health seems a little high. If Im reading It correctly his W and his E are both dashes while his R makes him immune to debuffs. I think that this will make him almost impossible to kill when you have him low on health. I think that his Q and E shouldn't do damage based on % health. If he lands both of those abilities at max level then any champ will lose 44% of their health in just five seconds.

I would change the Q to deal a flat amount of magic damage through poison and reduce the champions armor.

His R would make all mages completely ineffective against him.and should probably be scaled back. I would recommend 25%/35%/45% reduced magic damage and change critical strike chance to critical strike damage increase of 15%/25%/30%. This way his Ult is not completely useless if he already has a good deal of critical strike chance.

My final thought is on the name. Most champions have normal names or some exotic names. Your champions name is more or less a title. Come up with name for they guy to give make him seem more finished.

If you get a chance could you review my champion Carn, the professors masterpiece? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2230929

*ps don't be discouraged that you aren't getting reviews its extremely difficult to get anyone to look at these. I don't think Ive had a single champion review and I've posted 4 champs. try doing a review exchange deal or something that seems to get people to do reviews

Serpent: "Hmph. So one of you spineless wimps finally decided to judge me, eh? Well..." (Cracks his knuckles) "Let's get started.

I'm a guy who relies on LOGIC, something which Runeterrans seem to be severely lacking in. I'm not magical, I have no magical aptitude, and to implicate my acid as magical in nature is just unacceptable. Now, logically speaking, acid doesn't just cause a bunch of damage at one time, it eats away at whatever it comes into contact with over time. Also, it can even eat through various metals including metal, so why wouldn't it harm my opponents directly? The amount of damage done can easily be fixed, but you can't just make acid not act like acid.

My Indomitable Will, as an ability, represents my dismissal of magic in all forms, which renders me immune to status effect changes and boosts my fortitude against damage from magic. The fact that ANY magical damage can affect me is only because of the circumstances in which I found myself on Runeterra. Admittedly, I don't really know why the chances of critically damaging my enemies would increase by my will. That could be negligible, honestly.

And my name is of no significance, fool. I no longer need a name in order to identify myself, the only recognition I need is the title by which others will fear or idolize me. I had a name when I was still human, but now that I'm something else completely, I don't need it. I am the Serpent Lord. That is what I call myself, and that is how you can address me. I'll also answer to Serpent, Lord, and even the initials SL. But don't you dare call me Snakey or Scales, or I will gut you like a fish.

Now, are we clear? Good. I can hold back slightly with my damage output, if you're so worried about my strength, but my abilities won't change. These are the ones I've been granted in my current form, and can have no substitute."

So the bottom line is, according to the Serpent himself, that no changes to how his abilities work should be made. Only the values and percentages therein. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, or unpleasant, but these are the skills I imagine for him as a Champion. And seeing as he's based on an Original Character of mine, I'm not willing to change the kit in any way that will make it work different.

Ask the Herald

08-12-2012

Script Lord

08-14-2012

Serpent: "...."

Script Lord

08-16-2012

Serpent: "...."

Script Lord

08-18-2012

Bump