Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joreus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

Have about 650 normal wins over a couple years, never did I ever want to play ranked. The entire idea was frightening, and I heard countless horror storied. I've always had a fair large group of friends that play the game and a few play ranked so I'd get to hear all the jazz. It honestly sounded like more of a pain in the ass than anything else. Waiting for long game setups, getting trolls, lack of communication etc.

I took the plunge, and I just hit my gold 3 promotion. It's just a different system that doesn't take that much getting used to. After about 3 games you'll know exactly what champions teams don't want their enemies to play and you'll be able to keep your eyes open for any OP picks. I have to say there aren't many "trolls" here, most people are accepting of roles they fall into. I placed at 1550+ elo and another 10-15 games later up to 1650 elo. For the most part it has been a great experience. Big wins, big losses. Most people playing around 1600+ have seemed to take everything well.

But what there is, is still a lot of disconnects! Been very unlucky with random teammates having client issues and they never actually join the game. It's extremely disheartening I think from my team to their team ratio of unintentional disconnects we're at a solid 5:0 haha. Oh well. I've enjoyed ranked so far, and hopefully I'll claim my own platinum spot in the next couple weeks.

Goth Skunk

02-17-2013

Welcome to Bronze III.

LarcyBrown

02-17-2013

the person who has the backup of the backup plan wins lane.
Just like the rain man once said.
You need to theocraft this **** in your head to be confident and win.

YoshioPeePee

02-17-2013

congrats on bronze III

that's where i'm sitting right now

Hi Geoffrey

Recruiter

02-21-2013
99 of 123 Riot Posts

Today has been challenging so far. I lost two games 4v5 and I was on the team with 5.

Guess it's a lesson to never give up.

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
Today has been challenging so far. I lost two games 4v5 and I was on the team with 5.

It's not about giving up, it's about abusing your advantage because Riot's servers gave you one and the only way to gain Elo is through unscrupulous means.

BadxMan

02-21-2013

Quote:

if u want i can duo with you and show u a bit

Spew

02-21-2013

Quote:

Damn unlucky

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

02-21-2013

Quote:
Although it sounds like the real lesson is not to get cocky and throw away leads for no reason (lost a ranked game yesterday because of this, still makes me angry).

Also, that you need to actually push and take advantage of advantageous situations.

Minishmaster

02-21-2013

Quote:

Something that a lot of people fail to recognize is that, due to the fact that gold and xp are split four ways instead of five, the team with 4 players actually has a huge midgame advantage, and if they can secure a large enough advantage, they can let that carry them to a victory even after the team of 5 starts to catch up later in the game. The best way to pay a 5v4, as the team of 5, is to play very conservatively, farming the game out until lategame when you start to develop a clear advantage.