Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iglie

01-18-2013

AP Xin runes and masteries <3

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-18-2013
70 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iglie View Post
AP Xin runes and masteries <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWMAgErKOA

xMichan

01-18-2013

haha that xin, so unstoppable

Ecdxbs

01-18-2013

hahaha Xin it to Win It is 901 ELO this thread is a joke

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-19-2013
71 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecdxbs View Post
Nothing about this thread is a joke. I may not be the worlds best player, but I enjoy the majority of the games that I play. There are a lot of different reasons to play LoL, and depending in where you are in your life they are differant. For myself, a married guy with kids and bills, LoL is a fun way to escape for a while and find some competition.

For those who feel only "skilled" players should play ranked, I say that is ridiculous. We have an Elo system that matches players of similar skill together.

Jarvan Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecdxbs View Post
Oh man watch out guys, 1300 elo player incoming!

CthuIhu

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvan Bot View Post
Oh man watch out guys, 1300 elo player incoming!
Oh man we got a badass over here

Never seen an ELO a high as 1300 before, I'm awestruck

Acèdîa

01-19-2013

I agree. I was 750 elo at the end of S2, mainly due to having played ranked as soon as I reached level 30 and only knowing how to play a couple of champions in one role. As the season progressed, I got better and better but didn't play solo queue ranked often at all, instead choosing to play 5 v 5 ranked teams.

So at the beginning of season 3, I decided to start playing ranked solo queue again, and I can not tell you how important it was to keep a positive attitude throughout the game. I have stopped people from rage quitting, from intentionally feeding, and from harping on allies for mistakes. Due to keeping a positive mindset, I have climbed from 750 elo to 1311 and I am still going up.

I remember one game where my bot lane was feeding incredibly hard. But instead of saying "OMFG NOOBS STOP FEEDING" I said, "hey guys, I am gonna push mid turret down as soon as I can so I can come bot and help you." We ended up stomping the enemy team, even when they had a hyper fed adc. When you are forgiving for mistakes, people respond to that and will work with you to win that game.

tl:dr Positive mindsets, forgiveness for mistakes, and pleasantness will throw elo at you

LadleFritz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

@Xin it to Win it

1. Thanks for accepting my friend invite.

2. I have watched a couple of your games and you did pretty well with Vayne. I hope to see you climb up the rank ladder, I also hope you keep enjoying your experience and not let the haters get to you. It is a tough journey through the elo ranks, keep up the good work.

Gramps69

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Some people won't listen, and there's no helping them. Some people will listen, and just need a reminder that everybody isn't out to get them. Seriously, how nice is it when you get into champion select and somebody is being friendly and silly right off the bat, rather than just immediately calling positions or worse, silence?

Sometimes you can't win a game, and sometimes you can't calm a rager down. That's not a reason to never try.
^this. Last night I played a few games and it was late, I was sleepy and kind of goofy, so during champ select I just made jokes the whole time, worked with the team to get roles figured out, and it went well. I gave up first blood but made a joke of it and then ended up going 13/7 or something, picking up a quadra and our caitlyn stole my penta, I was pretty mad, it would have been my first penta, but I just made a joke out of it and we just calmly won.