Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-05-2013
61 of 123 Riot Posts

So my last two Ranked games were lost.

The first one I duo queued with a good friends, but he wanted to try a Twitch/Leona bottom lane, but we made a mistake by not having him (he had first pick) grab Leona. We got destroyed (level 1 double kill) in the bottom lane and the direction of the game never really turned around. This was a pretty clear case of us losing the game in the pre-game lobby. To be fair, the two of us play a lot of blind pick games, so we were not in the proper mindset for a ranked draft lobby. I played Nunu Support, I am not very experienced with him. I defiantly need to learn another support role beyond Leona. I am thinking a support Mundo could be a lot of fun.

The second game was harder. I played Xin and we were doing decent at first, but one of my early game bot lane ganks ended with me killing their carry and my carry getting a bit upset about it. I generally try to make sure that when I gank a lane, the laner gets the kills, but Xin has a nasty habit of killing fools faster than I perceive time. We recovered and had a couple of really good team fights, but we kept reverting back to farming, which in hindsight, was probably our ultimate undoing as we simply gave up too many objectives.

Hopefully I will have a couple of hours this weekend to get in a few more games.

bagmangood

01-05-2013

Support mundo is a lot of fun, but unfortunately he absolutely has to be fed in order to be helpful (he lack utility outside of cleavers and isn't a very good damage soak without at least some items).

I'd recommend taric as a support alternative - he's an unbelievably safe support with not quite the amount ka-pow as leona, but offers sustain and free armor (for you and your carry).

And laners always want all the kills don't they? They're so greedy...

Nores

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
played Nunu Support, I am not very experienced with him. I defiantly need to learn another support role beyond Leona. I am thinking a support Mundo could be a lot of fun.

Support mundo is pretty damn useless. If you want have fun with support pick AP mage with CC (Morgana, Annie, Lux, Zyra even Kassadin) .They have the utility for support and do good damage especially if you build AP items after sightstone

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-05-2013
62 of 123 Riot Posts

I'm a huge fan of Lux's deeign, how would I build/play her?

Weegee7

01-05-2013

Cooldown reduction is important on Lux. Try to get 20% from items/masteries and get blue buff as much as possible. Having your ultimate on a 24-second cooldown at level 16 is a large advantage.

KrumpleDore

01-05-2013

May I play games with you !
I've never played ranked due to the fact that I feel i will get a team who will troll or fight. But now having faith someone in the game doesn't I wanna try to play ranked!

Enexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Quote:
Depends on how you want to play her, I'm assuming mid?

Lots of +AP/MagicPen runes.
21/X/X Masteries

Level up E first, then Q, while getting 1 point in W for it's utility. However, if you find yourself taking a liking to W, feel free to leveling up before Q.

Get some high AP items with reliance to blue for the CDR and ult spam. (CD is on 24 seconds with 40% cdr)

Euphoria73

01-05-2013

I wanted badly to get better at this game and try ranked and when I did, it was
soooooooooooooooooooooo depressing at how many people are violent raging lunatics in the game with severe social problems. I thought normal was bad.
The tribunal simply does not work fast and throughly enough to get rid of all the people that are a severe detriment to this game because of ****ty attitudes.
So my advise on starting ranked is to expect to lose. A lot.
Be positive and try to help people all you want but dont expect anyone to listen because no one is ever wrong ever. Good luck

Comedian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPDTzqxDUNg

PDiddy

01-05-2013

I'm thinking he wants to support Lux. In that case gp10 quints, AD reds (I like this for poke, the 8 mpen is nice but you wont be building any more of it, also as a support its more about her utility than dmg) Armor yellows, and MR/Lvl blues.

I would run 0-9-21 getting health/res/cdr/biscut/ward/and MS.

She provides great utility bot lane and has a decent team fight presence mid and late game. I think she excells at roaming and ganking mid, much like taric. (Stun, shield, slow, vision)

For items just get standard support stuff at first and you'll be fine. Learn her style and build what you need on a per game basis.