Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderfrog

01-02-2013

I think it's great you removed Riot from your name to get the raw experience.

A Swarm of Koala

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
It was up in the air between "do it zhao" and "xin it to win it." I was close because I am a huge predator fan, but in the end, liked the second name better.

We'll see if it sticks.

On a gameplay related note, just did a ranked duo where I played Leona. We clearly lost the lane phase, but managed to get together as a team around 15 minutes and turned the game around big-time and won. Getting good ward coverage and moving as a team proved to be way more important than the fed Katarina on the other team.
I'm confused.... didn't you used to be RiotBazner?

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-02-2013
51 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betse View Post
when u try to tell people what they should do and they just answer with stfu, or go f..ck urself...u cant do anything
That's not true. Often you can turn someone like that around, or at least 50% of the time.

Imagine you have that guy in 1 out of 5 games and you can turn him around 50% of the time.

Now you are dealing with him in 1/10 games.

The other team has the same guy, but may not be turning him around. This is going to potentially give your 1 extra win out of 10. Over the long run that is absolutely going to raise your Elo.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

01-02-2013
52 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfrog View Post
I think it's great you removed Riot from your name to get the raw experience.
I did not find it made a huge difference.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

01-02-2013
53 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
I'm confused.... didn't you used to be RiotBazner?
I am still him, I just changed my in-game name, which changes the forum name as well. I like to redefine myself once in a while, it's liberating.

tl;dr new year, new name.

cuddlecupcake

01-02-2013

Quote:
I am still him, I just changed my in-game name, which changes the forum name as well. I like to redefine myself once in a while, it's liberating.

Once darrin becomes open, I'm doing the same. Showing some maturity lol.

NoobMascot

01-02-2013

Quote:
I did not find it made a huge difference.
It does, I lost to mspudding and was upset how a rioter would ruin my game.
She didn't even apologize for killing me in lane and was a bad example.

(I'm obviously joking)

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

lol No matter the year I will always be sizmic. I created the name in high school and still roll with it

s34s0n3dgr4p3s

01-02-2013

Sadly communication isn't as important as you might think it is in my opinion, you can put down as many wards and pings,even tell another player how to build and counter for their champ and lane, but in most cases players that would be guided are usually set in their own mind. I experience this every day, last season I won around 1200 ranked 5v5 and this season I'm around 250-300 wins so far. In season 2 I didn't manage to get 1200+ elo, same thing is happening in season 3, there are just too many people set in their own minds. I recently had a match against 5 ad champs, told my team to buy thornmail and none of them did. Then we lost. Some purposely ignore good advice to ruin your matches and time, and some are just too stubborn..

Moonsaw

01-02-2013

Quote:

that is an excellent name