Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hi Geoffrey

Recruiter

01-01-2013
46 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subilin View Post
Yeah, because being a Red and telling people to behave will not work.
When I am in game there is no way for anyone to identify me as a Red other than my ping, but I usually play ranked from home where I do not have an 8 ping.

AZ17

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Some people won't listen, and there's no helping them. Some people will listen, and just need a reminder that everybody isn't out to get them. Seriously, how nice is it when you get into champion select and somebody is being friendly and silly right off the bat, rather than just immediately calling positions or worse, silence?

Sometimes you can't win a game, and sometimes you can't calm a rager down. That's not a reason to never try.
ive noticed that in games where everyone is friendly and joking around with eachother in champ select i almost always win those games.

C9 HAl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Go Bazner, it's your birthday.

Joshua2003

01-01-2013

Fedd me

sebsauve34

Recruiter

01-01-2013

One tip with Xin Zhao : Don't get both frozen mallet and trinity force. If you're getting Trinity force, Warmogs or Sunfire Cape will be a better choise then Frozen mallet. Stay positive and good luck!

YurdleTheTurtle

01-01-2013

Sorry I'm late to the party, but if anyone's new to ranked, I made some fairly hefty guides:

Beginner's Guide to Ranked Games Part 1
Beginner's Guide to Ranked Games Part 2: Gameplay Tips

Part 1 is for those who actually have no idea how the teams and draft mode works. Part 2 is what I imagine the vast majority of players are looking for - It details gameplay tips like runes, masteries, spells, and other useful stuff I think players should know before jumping into ranked.

Good luck and have fun!

Oh, and I should mention, find some roles you're good at and like doing. Ideally you want to be able to play all roles but you shouldn't play sub-optimally if you can help it. Don't let stigmatism get in the way either - In season 2 the majority of my ranked games wins were from playing as support.

Bobby McFrayson

01-01-2013

Howdy Bazner :]

I would LOVE if you wanted to duo sometime! But we all have our priorities and whatnot :P. I can say from experience that a positive attitude can really help win games!. I try my best to be positive, too. (95% of the time at least, haha). Would love to play a game sometime if you're interested!

Keep cool.

captain nichol

01-01-2013

Hi there!

I'd like to play with you too! I'm on for the entire night (hehehe) I don't know what role you're playing but im sure we could learn alot from each other, also, I'd like to gain elo and i think you could help me with that !

See ya soon, captain nichol

Habatch

Recruiter

01-01-2013

well play. win or lose you should be thankful you have the ability to play games. play to win and make others feel better about themselves

Hi Geoffrey

Recruiter

01-02-2013
47 of 123 Riot Posts

So in light of recent events...

I have changed my in-game name.

I will undoubtably feel foolish when I have a huge losing streak.