Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

12-31-2012
42 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus567 View Post
Gotta love kids. I get to play one, maybe two matches those days I can play, and that is usually 10pm - midnight.
Exactly.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
Last night I decided to dive in and start playing solo ranked games.

For a long time I was hesitant to play ranked because I've read plenty of threads about rage in ranked and figured I should avoid ranked play.

What changed my mind was the realization that I have the ability to set a good example in game by promoting positive and constructive communication. This realization was tested in my second game when a high-skill player on a smurf account was paired with me bottom lane (I was Sona, he was Ashe). Initially he was getting frustrated by the mistakes that our team was making and was starting to rage a bit. I reminded him that the rest of the team was not playing on Smurf accounts and that we actually needed guidance to improve our play. He accepted this challenge and took on the roll of a positive team leader. We were able to win the game, which before the change, I don't feel we would have.

I am going to continue to play in Ranked games and rely on communication with my team to try and make up for my deficiency in competitive game knowledge and skill.

I am attempting to do the same but without being a rioter. I've played one game with Hippulas quite by random luck and noticed that once people accepted who he was they seemed to behave better. I'd happily que with you as I'd like to get my elo up but also so that I could perhaps learn how to better extinguish the flames of rage.

Awaken Easley

12-31-2012

Words can't describe how ****ed up this is.

Warrikon

12-31-2012

Hey, bazner, if you want me to carry you out of that elo I am all for it

i just carried another person from 1050 to (almost) 1300. (duo'd.)

If you'd like me to help just send a friend invite. I can give you tips aswell! i have 1500 elo on two acc's, and a bit lower on others

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrikon View Post

If you'd like me to help just send a friend invite. I can give you tips aswell! i have 1500 elo on two acc's, and a bit lower on others
I would love that...

Warrikon

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koechophe View Post
I would love that...
I added you

Mandible Claw

01-01-2013

It's incredibly hard to raise your ELO at a fast pace. Some people are able to do it inhumanly it seems. Once S3 started I was doing great, my record was +6. There were shaky times and I ended up getting knocked down but carried myself up. I was rather disappointed that there wasn't a hard reset to 1200. So far the highest ELO I've gotten to was 1065, and that was around +6. Right now I'm sitting at 892, and it's really disheartening to be at this stage with a -2/-3 record when I was doing great in the beginning.

iTsMurda

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrikon View Post

I would like this too

hangman401

01-01-2013

I have to admit, you're positivity and positive speaking strategy worked for me. I played my first ranked game of the year and got flustered and on edge, I remained nice but it was obvious on my playing that I was shaky and nervous, which made me fail my support role. But seeing this and getting advice from a friend to "just play to have fun and don't worry about pleasing others, just communicate" helped, because next game I had an auto-lock troll, who admitted he was on a smurf account, who we were able to turn around into a helpful member by simply talking to him calmly, listening to what he said, complying to it (or trying our best to comply with some changes or even retractions), and simply having fun, enjoying what we did. We ended up dominating and having a great win in the end.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-01-2013
43 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWyatt2012 View Post
It's incredibly hard to raise your ELO at a fast pace. Some people are able to do it inhumanly it seems. Once S3 started I was doing great, my record was +6. There were shaky times and I ended up getting knocked down but carried myself up. I was rather disappointed that there wasn't a hard reset to 1200. So far the highest ELO I've gotten to was 1065, and that was around +6. Right now I'm sitting at 892, and it's really disheartening to be at this stage with a -2/-3 record when I was doing great in the beginning.
My end goal is not a higher Elo, but rather to improvement in my skill at the game. I have found that my premade team (we play normals) has been winning a lot more since I started playing ranked heavily the past few weeks.