Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

undeniably, it does occur more at lower elos. Basically, people at higher elos tend to care more about their elo and are less willing to lose elo in order to troll. Also, people who DO troll are quickly placed at lower elos, as trolling loses games.

InfHaRM

12-31-2012

Have fun (not sarcastically), as someone who started out in 800s after losing his placements half to his own incompetence and half to trolls the key to getting out of "elo hell" is having fun. You really have to stay positive, you see your darius try to 1v5? That's cool, laugh it off and call him rambo all game in a joking manner.
Honestly though, it does take A LOT of games to break back up even into 1300s from 800, simply because the true "elo hell" isn't a set elo bracket, but the phenomenon of losing repeated games due to teammates lacking in skill/communication/ragers/afks/etc, which a lot of people fail to realize.

Enjuine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
I don't think that behavior only occurs at low Elo.
No, but that kind of behavior does keep people at low elo, which in the long run means that it will be more concentrated down there. This is coming from someone who has never personally been below 1200. Even at the mid 1600s as I am right now, I lose more games to unnecessary rage (not me, my teammates) than anything else.

Bossman POJO

12-31-2012

Harm i see you harm i see you so much

Sainthobbit

12-31-2012

Let me start out by saying i have been banned more times than 99% of people. Following my most recent ban i have decided to start just going with the flow of ranked and playing it to have a fun time and let my elo reflect my skill, instead of trying to raise it. As soon as the game starts i develop a rapport with anyone that responds to my jokes and I usually try to assume a leadership position from the jungle. My elo so far has raised by 150.

Crowcaine

12-31-2012

You are such a bad bull****ter it's not even funny.

InfHaRM

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman POJO View Post
Harm i see you harm i see you so much
wut i love you btw

xStolen

12-31-2012

funny enough a non rioter posts the same thing about jumping into ranked and gets downvoted .... lol oh got to love the GD

on topic ( whit this thread is old) Grats on overcoming that fear of ranked :P i recently ventured out into ranked myself tbh and its quite enjoyable when you have a nice team or can create a nice atmosphere

Bossman POJO

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfHaRM View Post
wut i love you btw
love you too

/alittlehomo

GG Sunbae

12-31-2012

So many games thrown and loss from rage at 1400s also I imagine it must be worse sub 1200