Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just Started Playing Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JefzyPress

08-14-2012

ur runes

Tserrof2

08-14-2012

Hey, RiotBazner. I am just getting into ranked as well, and if you would like we could start playing ranked together, i only just got my first win not too long ago, if You ever decide to play on EUW =) Tserraknight is the name. This is for anyone who would like, as well.

Hi Geoffrey

Recruiter

08-24-2012

Been over a week since I had time to hop into a proper ranked game. Just played with StillRampant and managed to get a win. My elo is now 1200 exactly. Also, I have no idea what I was doing with my build. :P

Lørd Abel

08-24-2012

You're hot.

Alice Twilight

08-24-2012

Bazner you're awesome, you're a gentleman and a scholar

xnutral

08-24-2012

As a 1600 player i do have a couple of tips for you, seeing as you only have 160 wins your experience is a bit low compared to other ranked players, so don't get bummed out when you go down to 1100 or 1000, experience matters and helps being able to do things without even thinking about it.

In your case, you do have to think about a lot of things, i would recommend that you try to play only 1 or 2 champions, why? Because every game has a lot of variables, knowing your own champ super well eliminates that one variable, memorize your damage, range and manacosts and compare itembuilds over different games. When you do this, you can focus on the other variables in game, like other champions and how they work in comparison to your champion.

You might think that this will end you not knowing all the other champions but that is not the case, because you come to know every champion in relation to your champion you know what is important for every champion, adapting to play other champions is easy after that.

Second tip is when you know you can't do something, don't. If you can use ignite but you're pretty sure he's not going to die, it's probably not a good idea. When you don't have enough damage to kill someone or don't have anything up, fall back. What i've noticed when watching very good players on lower levels is that they know their limits really well and always get away with a sliver health and still doing everything they can.

Third and last tip, always know your champions strengths and what you really want to do with your champ, itemize and skill levels to reach that goal. If you can't do what you want to do (for example burst someone who is too tanky) then don't try to, itemize differently to still be able to kill them, or just survive and farm for when later in the game you can burst someone. I've seen that a lot of players just go trading without a reason, knowing how much damage another champion has can be important, but trying to do something that doesn't fit your champ never really works that well.

btw, my main account is euw (nutral), this is just a NA smurf.

Critmaster Garen

08-24-2012

Quote:
RiotBazner:
Last night I decided to dive in and start playing solo ranked games.

For a long time I was hesitant to play ranked because I've read plenty of threads about rage in ranked and figured I should avoid ranked play.

What changed my mind was the realization that I have the ability to set a good example in game by promoting positive and constructive communication. This realization was tested in my second game when a high-skill player on a smurf account was paired with me bottom lane (I was Sona, he was Ashe). Initially he was getting frustrated by the mistakes that our team was making and was starting to rage a bit. I reminded him that the rest of the team was not playing on Smurf accounts and that we actually needed guidance to improve our play. He accepted this challenge and took on the roll of a positive team leader. We were able to win the game, which before the change, I don't feel we would have.

I am going to continue to play in Ranked games and rely on communication with my team to try and make up for my deficiency in competitive game knowledge and skill.

forgive me, but as a community manager shouldnt playing ranked games from time to time be part of your job, to see how it actually feels to be matched with a lot of different character types of players and that you get a personal glimpse, how player behaviour looks like in real matches?

or is your job only focused on the forums?

Narcindin

08-25-2012

Quote:
RiotTiza:

That said, I've found that since I've "gone Red" the number of ragers have gone down, but the ones who still rage are the cream of the crop for sure.
<3

Cream of the crop ragers. Sounds like a complement. hahahah

Caspuhh

08-25-2012

Smurfs ruin the ELO system and create an unfair environment in lower ELO's.

Niqhtmare x

08-25-2012

riotbazner

you realize its almost kind of an unfair advantage that you have riot in your name right?
you have the power to stop in game rage just by being a red