Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
Last night I decided to dive in and start playing solo ranked games.

For a long time I was hesitant to play ranked because I've read plenty of threads about rage in ranked and figured I should avoid ranked play.

What changed my mind was the realization that I have the ability to set a good example in game by promoting positive and constructive communication. This realization was tested in my second game when a high-skill player on a smurf account was paired with me bottom lane (I was Sona, he was Ashe). Initially he was getting frustrated by the mistakes that our team was making and was starting to rage a bit. I reminded him that the rest of the team was not playing on Smurf accounts and that we actually needed guidance to improve our play. He accepted this challenge and took on the roll of a positive team leader. We were able to win the game, which before the change, I don't feel we would have.

I am going to continue to play in Ranked games and rely on communication with my team to try and make up for my deficiency in competitive game knowledge and skill.
Should have banned the smuft account.

Slowbot

08-14-2012

for the love of god GET RUNE PAGES, you no how you mentioned the "game where you feel like your doing no damages" its probably because they have defense runes, and you dont have any offense runes, JEEZ
/rageend

EDIT: this was meant to be tongue-in-cheek..........****ers

KaelAltreul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Quote:
I am positive I will be playing this game far into the future. In fact I already have a few different people that I enjoy playing with that plan to join me in duo queue and pre-made ranked games. People are certainly not polite just because I play with "Riot" in my name. I have been flamed plenty of times with "how can you possibly work for Riot and be a NOOB?!?" I have even been reported for impersonating a Riot employee. Maybe this would be worse, but at least I can create a positive game for the 9 other people that I am playing with. I played the first 150 or so games before I joined Riot and they are a big part of why I joined the company: because I love the game and the players.

TL;DR - Haters gonna hate.
I don't play ranked, but I'd be happy playing a game with you sometime in normal. I'm glad to see someone else has the same thoughts I do about not trying to be a raging idiot if someone messes up.

Nightmarex2

08-14-2012

Its much easier to make ppl calm down when you have a Riot tag.

powahless

08-14-2012

Quote:
I am positive I will be playing this game far into the future. In fact I already have a few different people that I enjoy playing with that plan to join me in duo queue and pre-made ranked games. People are certainly not polite just because I play with "Riot" in my name. I have been flamed plenty of times with "how can you possibly work for Riot and be a NOOB?!?" I have even been reported for impersonating a Riot employee. Maybe this would be worse, but at least I can create a positive game for the 9 other people that I am playing with. I played the first 150 or so games before I joined Riot and they are a big part of why I joined the company: because I love the game and the players.

TL;DR - Haters gonna hate.
dawww dis makes me wanna make a smurf n get your elo to be at least visible

NitroNatalie

08-14-2012

I've been watching this thread for a while, and even though RiotBazner is giving me some confidence to play Ranked, I'm still terrified. My boyfriend wants to play ranked all the time and I'm so scared. Every time I play Ranked, it's like everything I've ever learned about this game flies from my head and I play like I'm level 1 again and I get harassed. I think I'll stick with the normals

Steve Le Pirate

08-14-2012

Quote:
Not a good item?
Saw a Diana buy one a couple days ago and melted faces.

Hefill

08-14-2012

This is a really brave thing your doing and its inspired me to go into ranked with a better attitude and give players more positive reinforcement and I wanted to thank you. (so far its working, hope it continues to do so)

also, Im coming up on my 1000th win (Im at 980 currently) and I was wondering if you could do me the honor of playing with you?

Curlyfry

08-14-2012

I'm also more likely to obey the law when a cop is around.

Falty

08-14-2012

Quote:
Last night I decided to dive in and start playing solo ranked games.

For a long time I was hesitant to play ranked because I've read plenty of threads about rage in ranked and figured I should avoid ranked play.

What changed my mind was the realization that I have the ability to set a good example in game by promoting positive and constructive communication. This realization was tested in my second game when a high-skill player on a smurf account was paired with me bottom lane (I was Sona, he was Ashe). Initially he was getting frustrated by the mistakes that our team was making and was starting to rage a bit. I reminded him that the rest of the team was not playing on Smurf accounts and that we actually needed guidance to improve our play. He accepted this challenge and took on the roll of a positive team leader. We were able to win the game, which before the change, I don't feel we would have.

I am going to continue to play in Ranked games and rely on communication with my team to try and make up for my deficiency in competitive game knowledge and skill.
I was like you once... Thinking oh the grass is greener on the other side. The one thing you dont get is that to get to this other side where the grass is always green you must cross this bridge. Oh but this bridge is not just any bridge it's "TROLL BRIDGE" Protected by a clan of trolls. You try to make peace with them sayings lets all work together to complete our goals of victory. The Trolls arnt very smart, and only know the words "WELCOME TO ELO HELL" You try to communicate with the troll saying things like if we stick together we can win. Oh how everyone loves the feeling of victory the rush of success, but oh no Trolls dont need that they feast on the tears and rage of there so called allys. When they have feasted all they can take they look at you in the eyes, and they just laugh, than only to jump off that bridge guarding the greener side. You look past looking for that greener side only for your eyes to feel the heat of the scored and ablaze earth that once was green.

That sir is all that awaits you in this game. But to my question that I really wanted to ask.

IF you came across one of these trolls could you just ban them, do you have the power to say IM THE TROLL KILLER MOTHER TRUCKER!!! Than hit a big red button that says "Troll Killer" banning them for a few days?