Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

retched

08-13-2012

I can't wait to see when Bazner hits plat and denies the existence of elo hell =P

Master Spamwise

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
Last night I decided to dive in and start playing solo ranked games.

For a long time I was hesitant to play ranked because I've read plenty of threads about rage in ranked and figured I should avoid ranked play.

What changed my mind was the realization that I have the ability to set a good example in game by promoting positive and constructive communication. This realization was tested in my second game when a high-skill player on a smurf account was paired with me bottom lane (I was Sona, he was Ashe). Initially he was getting frustrated by the mistakes that our team was making and was starting to rage a bit. I reminded him that the rest of the team was not playing on Smurf accounts and that we actually needed guidance to improve our play. He accepted this challenge and took on the roll of a positive team leader. We were able to win the game, which before the change, I don't feel we would have.

I am going to continue to play in Ranked games and rely on communication with my team to try and make up for my deficiency in competitive game knowledge and skill.
Nicely done.

I just played my first ranked game, and we won... but it was entirely on the back of our jungler, a Noc who raped the other time mercilessly, which made our less-skilled players (me) less culpable for mistakes. The team was nice to me, and by game's end, I had a neutral kda (10/10/18 I think, as Teemo). But it could have gone much worse, and I'm glad it turned out a positive experience.

(The HH2B webcomic on first ranked game play: http://hardhobbittobreak.com/?p=306)

Rai Ryu Sen

08-13-2012

I'm not trying to be a ****** here, but it definitely helps that you have riot in your name. People will listen to you in fear of being banned.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

08-13-2012
24 of 123 Riot Posts

I'm headed to Germany for Gamescom, so I'm not sure how many games I can get in this week. Maybe I'll hope on the EU servers for a bit. I'm not level 30 yet, so no ranked.

Curean

08-13-2012

You use silent night Sona as your portrait.

You are now tied for my favorite Rioter with Ironstylus

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

1. Good to see positive players, and a red at that, playing in ranked and trying to stay upbeat.
2. Do you ever see a change in people through one match after you trying to be positive?
3. Do you always play as Sona just 'cuz it's your avatar?
4. Why is it your avatar? XD

..Must haz Silent Night Sona some day..! ..No thats not on the list just random ranting

Graiskye

08-13-2012

Come back in a month after the 'high' has worn off and see how you feel.
After you've been trolled fifteen losses in a row, and just dropped a couple hundred elo, due to an endless stream of trolls and ragers.
Then we'll see how your positive attitude is holding up.
PS: not even mentioning the fact that you dont get a real gaming experience playing on any account with a red name sorry.
People will eat **** out of your ass because you work for Riot so spare me your platitudes about the nice community and positive enforcement, the community sucks dog balls and everyone knows it. You coming in all cheery and bright ya I just joined ranked, after my extensive 150 normal wins, basically your a total noob, but you can play ranked and no one will say **** to you, because you work for Riot.
Lets see you go try that on an account with out a red name....lol.
You would probably quit within a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL
I am going to continue to play in Ranked games and rely on communication with my team to try and make up for my deficiency in competitive game knowledge and skill.

NicolasFlamel99

08-13-2012

and if this was posted by a non red it would have been closed from down votes

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graiskye View Post
Come back in a month after the 'high' has worn off and see how you feel.
After you've been trolled fifteen losses in a row, and just dropped a couple hundred elo, due to an endless stream of trolls and ragers.
Then we'll see how your positive attitude is holding up.
PS: not even mentioning the fact that you dont get a real gaming experience playing on any account with a red name sorry.
People will eat **** out of your ass because you work for Riot so spare me your platitudes about the nice community and positive enforcement, the community sucks dog balls and everyone knows it. You coming in all cheery and bright ya I just joined ranked, after my extensive 150 normal wins, basically your a total noob, but you can play ranked and no one will say **** to you, because you work for Riot.
Lets see you go try that on an account with out a red name....lol.
You would probably quit within a day.
Pretty sure it's on an alt account, most reds have one.

ViashinoWizard

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstand View Post
OP is a feeder

1.5 Kills : 5.2 Deaths
I notice you left out assists.