Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tardis

08-12-2012

The main problem i have with ranked is.. if you get unlucky and go into the 1100s is it's very hard to climb back from as once you get to 1150-1300 you are playing with people that are playing their first 5-10~ ranked games and while some people should be lower because they are just starting to play ranked. and while alot of these people will learn ranked better.. having them start with people that may have played 100 ranked games is unfair on them and unfair on the new players. your first 20~ games should be segregated to give people a chance to adjust to the current meta. I found in my games that the wins were rarely determined by skill at 1200-1300, but in fact who had the afk/troll/ the guy that wanted to play taric solo top.. Games were actually alot better at 1100.

zarbiz

08-12-2012

Bazner, I'm floating somewhere around 1000-1100. Add me for duos?

Isamichi

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
Gotta start somewhere.
o_O
Bazner such an encouraging Rioter
needs moar love <3
wish you well in your ranked endeavors! Maybe we can play one day!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Koala View Post
The main problem i have with ranked is.. if you get unlucky and go into the 1100s is it's very hard to climb back from as once you get to 1150-1300 ... ...Games were actually alot better at 1100.
I think I can address this, it IS true that you have a higher chance in getting newer players when within that range. However, the opposing team has the EXACT same probability, and most likely HAS a new player, as you do. The difference isn't really that new player, but how your skill and experience can lead your team better. Team doesn't listen? Everyone ignoring you? It is possible that, even though the choice is best, it isn't presented properly to your team. Or, *GASP, it isn't the best choice.

I always refer people to this thread that feel that elo hell exist
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=5hitcombo

I truely improved alot after reading it and keep it in the back of my head as I play ranked.

Experience: coming from a player that carried themself from 1100 ->1400 playing 95% support leona

Deamented

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Quote:
5th game was a loss. Played Caitlyn again, but never settled in. You know those games when your bullets don't seem to do any damage at all? Yeah, one of those.

Also, I now have an ELO - 1157.
I'll be on later, maybe we can bump into one another, you aren't too far below me. Keep winning!

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Quote:
Gotta start somewhere.
Absolutely. I admire you for taking on the role of team ambassador, between your teammates, and its a role more people need to accept.

Diagnosis

08-12-2012

Bazner I will gladly duo with you if you want someone to queue with. I generally do as you have said previously in the thread (leading my team with communication) sometimes people don't even know to build armor against a heavy AD team, or if a mid is really fed to pick up some MR. Simple things like that can completely swing the game in a different direction.

Difushal

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arķa View Post
My anxiety disorder keeps me from playing ranked and I can't even play normals without at least one friend. T~T
I know that feel, bro.

Quex Fehftir

08-12-2012

The main problem I found with ADC is that you really don't have much control at all over the game unless you get fed early on.

But with any of the major farmers, top/solomid/adcbot, check your cs vs every 10 mins, and don't accept any less than 70 unless it means you would be feeding your lane if you end up getting countered hard, then insist on ganks best you can.

As ADC bot though, normally you won't end up at the point where you aren't doing damage unless you let your farm slip up, or you got ganked hardcore for most of the lane and end up behind on CS because of it. I normally like to play Cait or Vayne for soloQ, Cait because she can farm so easily whether your support has any clue or not, and Vayne because as long as you can get someone to play Soraka, you can at least turn it into a farm lane. If you can come up on = farm or maybe -15 to the enemy ADC you will still be much more powerful than them in team fights late game with all the steroids she has.

Keep at it though! It's really rough starting out in ranked. It also sucks if your rating gets tanked too far down. It's weird how many streamers I watch at higher Elo and some of the mistakes I see other players making in games, and I wonder how they got there making moves like that. I really think that if you fall below the 1100-1000 mark it's hard to work your way back up without being a silver tongue at talking to your teammates. Most late games just won't work without a full team comp, and you will lose every game that you end up with that one person that just won't work with the team. This is unless you like to play pubstompers aka Riven/Jax who will totally dominate the game once fed. Good way to try to carry yourself.

Midnight Vesper

08-12-2012

Quote:
Gotta start somewhere.
Plus it looks like you main support. I would be worried if your kda was super high XD

Sicarius a Umbra

08-13-2012

I hope to play ranked some day!

good luck! my friend got 20 wins 0 losses for a while ( at the first 20 games), and now he is stuck in 1300! silly elo hell.