Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xtractor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Do you openly wear a riot tag in your games or maybe state that your are 'the community manager' or does that have no affect on your game?
I wonder if people would start being nice all of sudden knowing they are playing with a rioter.

ninjagear

08-10-2012

this whole experiment on 'be nice to your fellow players it will help' is very unscientific, people would not listen to you if you didnt have Riot in front of your name, end of story

TL;DR try being nice to players without the riot tag see if that gets you anywhere

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
Initially he was getting frustrated by the mistakes that our team was making and was starting to rage a bit. I reminded him that the rest of the team was not playing on Smurf accounts and that we actually needed guidance to improve our play. He accepted this challenge and took on the roll of a positive team leader. We were able to win the game, which before the change, I don't feel we would have.
Not trying to take anything away from you, but i'm just saying.... if you didn't have "RIOT+" in front of your name, and you reminded captain smurf that the team needed guidance and stuff, the reply you got would've been much more like what the rest of us see in ranked...

1: "stfu nub go back to normal"

2: "dont play ranked if u dont know ur class"

3: "[all] report my scrub team plz omfg"

I imagine your attempt at being helpful would've garnered one of those responses instead. I've tried to stop people from raging in ranked before. Know what they do? They B back to base where they can run their mouths and not worry about getting killed, and boy do they ever rage even more.

Lv5Bulbasaur

08-10-2012

Hey I played with you yesterday. I think you we're caitlyn. I was vladamir middle and you guys one thanks to our diana. GG by the way.

Synthetic Duckie

08-10-2012

Quote:
So played my 4th game. Played with Caitlyn and went 6/3/15. Our Nocturn was having computer issues and had to reboot, but we held off the 4v5. After losing 2 bad team fights, we were able to turn the game around. We got a bit discouraged for a bit, but Nocture was able to catch back up and we won.
Can we be friends and lose together <3?

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

08-11-2012
22 of 123 Riot Posts

5th game was a loss. Played Caitlyn again, but never settled in. You know those games when your bullets don't seem to do any damage at all? Yeah, one of those.

Also, I now have an ELO - 1157.

Dr Toenail

08-11-2012

I just played a 200 - 600 Elo game.

I carried so hard as Diana that I threatened to afk if my team didnt shape their act up.

I managed to teach my team how not raging at other people and using chat for communication instead of *****ing wins games.

There are now 4 better players out there.

GnD BlueMoon

08-11-2012

Quote:

Also, I now have an ELO - 1157.
Welcome, to what some call it, ELO HELL.

Iceoh

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Toenail View Post
I just played a 200 - 600 Elo game.

I carried so hard as Diana that I threatened to afk if my team didnt shape their act up.

I managed to teach my team how not raging at other people and using chat for communication instead of *****ing wins games.

There are now 4 better players out there.
Threatening to throw the game is the quickest path towards destruction.

Vulpse

08-11-2012

Just started playing ranked this past week.

Don't know which is worse: the ragers in LoL, or half my team being d/ced in Smite, which I just got a beta invite for :/