Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
Not a good item?
not particularly no.

I'd be happy to discuss itemization with you sometime, maybe play some games, but I gotta get some sleep now, so maybe some other time.

GbP etannate

08-10-2012

10/10 Good Girl Riot

DESSSILATOR

08-10-2012

you enjoy that positive attitude because eventually you going to get the "im gunna play ranked and can only do one role" guy, their going to feed hard and this will go on for a few games.

Motivation will drop, will go back to normals. After thousands of games you get tired of coaching.

Garlyle Wilds

08-10-2012

Quote:
Not a good item?
I've never been sure what to make of Soul Shroud. Mana Manipulator is a nicety to your laning partner early game, the health it grants is actually pretty massive now that I think about it... but later on, the MP regen is mostly useless (You probably built off of Philosopher's Stone so you've got plenty of MP/5 already) and the CDR aura is...

It's odd. It's way harder than any other CDR item to put into value. Most champs who really want CDR are going to build up to 40 themselves, but how exactly do you put into value "Our team's Karthus gets 20/18/16 seconds shaved off his ult cooldown if he starts casting it when I'm alive and nearby" - and of course that value is lost completely if you're not in range at that moment he hits the buton.

And of course if that CDR isn't being made the most of by your allies you've basically paid for the same effect as equipping 2.5 Kindlegems (complete with the CDR not stacking), and that's... well, not really anything to write home about.

MrBrownies

08-10-2012

This is what people fail to understand. You have to learn to lead your team and make the calls if you want to get any higher in elo.

Burn the Witches

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrownies View Post
This is what people fail to understand. You have to learn to lead your team and make the calls if you want to get any higher in elo.
Until all 5 of you are trying to lead the team in 5 different directions. I know that's a heavy exaggeration on my part but some people will just always feel like their idea is the best idea, if only for the fact that it was their idea.

NitroNatalie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Quote:
Not a good item?
I never use soul shroud. I never thought it was that good. I don't have any particular reason why, though. Maybe I'll have to pick it up next time I play support and reevaluate it.

Malah

08-10-2012

Good luck with your ranked adventures! If you want to duo, feel free to send me an invite. Quick support tips:

On items:

Your Gp10 items are more important to grab first than the aura items. Not only are they strong in lane (Philo gives much-needed mana and health regeneration while Heart of Gold gives a solid HP buffer) but you need the gold income to afford the rest of your items and pick up wards. I would recommend picking up Aegis and finishing Shurelya's/Locket before finishing the rest of your items. At which point you can go one of several ways: either finish Morello's to cap off your CDR (incredibly valuable on Sona) and get a hefty AP boost, or sell the pick and either grab Zeke's to support auto-attackers on your team, or grab Soul Shroud to boost your personal survival while giving ability-based champions a boost. Always keep that sixth slot open for wards.

On warding:

When on purple side, you can get away with warding at dragon and warding tri-bush to ensure vision on ganking routes. On blue side, you can actually go further and ward at dragon, and then go up through your jungle to ward between the jungle entrance and bushes below mid-lane. Not only does this help mid-lane, but you have clear vision of when counter-jungling attempts are made on the bottom jungle as well as if a sneaky ganker tries to go through your jungle to gank.

Kvoth3

08-10-2012

You should have told him not to smurf.

Bowsersaur

08-10-2012

AP sona op