Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nasuuna

08-09-2012

RiotBazner... can we duo, maybe seeing you in the game will get people to stop bickering

The Cpt America

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
RiotBazner... can we duo, maybe seeing you in the game will get people to stop bickering
That won't help - In the last couple of days, i've been in queue with 2 Rioters - Riot Illusia and RiotMilkCow, and let me tell you, these are some of the most arrogant, put-down people i have played with.

Sorry for not sugar coating my anger while Riot makes these "fairy tale threads" while ignoring other, legitimate threads.

xCookieMonster

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Since the question was asked more or less to me, I'll jump in.

Being passionate is normal in a setting where you care about the results. Many of us (I'd wager "most" but that's a total guess) are really passionate about LoL - we want to play and get better and win games. I can speak very safely for myself when I say I'm proud of my Elo, all 1600-ish of it, because it's a long way from where I started - I couldn't get above 1100 in Season 1. It's the product of a lot of games and a lot of practice and dedicated self-improvement. There are plenty of games that don't go my way (I think 1600 is a little bit above where I belong), and I tend to get frustrated when I'm playing badly or having trouble working together with my teammates/support (especially as an AD carry main).

I've broken controllers and cracked desks in the past (and every once in a while my desk still gets a good solid pound), but the important part about raging is how it manifests. I'll be frustrated out loud and yell at my monitor at such-and-such-is-a-stupid-champion and so-and-so-you're-so-lucky, but I get back on my god**** horse and play harder. I tell my teammates to keep focused and not give up, I keep all my communication forward-looking (talk about now-what, not that-happened) and relevant, and I start thinking about what I should have done differently and what I'm going to do next time. Ideally, nobody on my team has any idea that I'm upset. Of course, I'm not perfect, but I try almost as hard to keep my mouth shut as I do to win game.

tl;dr Yes and no.
I played a game a couple days ago at about 1,600 ELO where me and a friend ran AD Brand/S.Annie bot. When we did you said something along the lines of "I wish you'd have told us you were running a cheesy lane." On the inside I knew you were incredibly skeptical, and probably pretty annoyed that not only did we run an awkward lane, but claimed your favorite position of AD carry.

In the end though, you never belittled us, or got mad, and we won the game quite easily with every lane stomping. So to that, I say thanks! Most people in that position would have trolled us.

Offtheheazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

dont rage kids.

powahless

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
That won't help - In the last couple of days, i've been in queue with 2 Rioters - Riot Illusia and RiotMilkCow, and let me tell you, these are some of the most arrogant, put-down people i have played with.

Sorry for not sugar coating my anger while Riot makes these "fairy tale threads" while ignoring other, legitimate threads.
but i love arrogance <3 illusia

UsoRemix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

I have to agree with the points these Rioters are bring up. Although they ARE reds and do have Riot in their name, being nice in game and helpful DOES HELP GET YOUR TEAM TO WORK TOGETHER! I just got out of 1000 ELO range because I decided to change my attitude towards ranked games and become nicer. i still slip sometimes when people rage at me...but for the most part I try really hard to be calm and just tell them its ok, don't worry we got this guys, etc etc. I've gotten to 1200 range now (not impressive, but its a goal I've been aiming at for a while now) and I'm pretty happy. I see much less raging in games and a lot more positivity.

PodunkTheMighty

08-09-2012

Purely anecdotal, but when I play I try to facilitate friendly discussion on the champ select and begin every game with 'let's do well and have fun, team'. I find that just starting off on the right foot with everyone in a friendly and cooperative mindset leads to better games.

The Cpt America

08-09-2012

i find that trolls will be trolls no matter your attitude, so lets not kid ourselves

Alice Twilight

08-09-2012

I find that The Cpt America is really jaded

Communist Poppy

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
i find that trolls will be trolls no matter your attitude, so lets not kid ourselves
I also find being an insufferable **** toward your teammates is much more likely to start nuclear war than being friendly to them.