Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

I feel as though my ranked team members lately have been better than my normals.

powahless

08-09-2012

being a leader, determined, and positive got me to 2k before

RiotTiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

08-09-2012
14 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnionThief View Post
It may be a bit of confirmation bias, but it doesn't change the fact that those who aren't saying anything aren't actively doing anything to fix a situation. Being complacent may be worse than raging, if the target of the rage is being bullied/harassed (especially so if racism is involved). The quote "the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality" comes to mind. Not exactly on the same level, but you probably get my point.

Not knocking you or the team that works on the game. There have been countless threads speculating on which the LoL community can be especially toxic. But I don't buy the premise being presented here: a grassroots nice guy/be a positive role model! movement will never succeed because of the prevailing culture of ******baggery that is so deeply engrained. Honestly, I've tried it, and it failed, which is why I'm especially jaded on this.

Thanks for having the balls to respond. //
I have led countless games (literally uncounted, probably dozens) out of my 1700 games (500 or so ranked) to a victory after staving off incoming rage from my team. Hard to say how much I turned around personally, but I know I made a difference. You cannot say that being positive doesn't make a difference - not just based off of my experience, but just human nature. People emulate what they see and people set their own actions based on what they see happening around them - how many times have you made a snippy remark to a troll about his last death that you wouldn't have otherwise made to a normal player? You are now part of the problem, but the problem only started because the troll started it. You're both doing it, and you're both accountable.

Controlling your own behavior plugs both ends, one game at a time. I'll take one extra good game out of the pile every single time - why wouldn't you?

nomadd

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Controlling your own behavior plugs both ends
I don't know why, but this made me chuckle.

The Cpt America

08-09-2012

BWAHAHAHAHAH you told somebody smurfing to "Set a good example"

a blatant lie is obvious

FlawlessRock

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAH you told somebody smurfing to "Set a good example"

a blatant lie is obvious
captain calling it as it is lol

Darkness4910

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Pie View Post
Hey man, a well played support is just as meaningful as any other role. They're just a lot more subtle about it.

I didn't have any confidence going into ranked either. Hell, I didn't have any confidence going into draft normals! I think I gained confidence from them. I haven't played much these past few weeks, but I intend to return to playing regularly now because I have fun and I think ranked is good for testing character and building confidence and humility.
Well, I've played one duo queue ranked so far. It was pretty tough, even tougher than normals. But I think I got into the mindset of trying to be perfect, which prevented me from being as relaxed as I am when playing normals or Dominion.

The thing is, I think I really need an enthusiastic guy to play with, someone to trust in. Or just a nice guy to talk to :s

The Cpt America

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessRock View Post
captain calling it as it is lol

Flipsy

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Some people won't listen, and there's no helping them. Some people will listen, and just need a reminder that everybody isn't out to get them. Seriously, how nice is it when you get into champion select and somebody is being friendly and silly right off the bat, rather than just immediately calling positions or worse, silence?

Sometimes you can't win a game, and sometimes you can't calm a rager down. That's not a reason to never try.
Yeah, I had a player like that. Wanna know what he did? He politely asked for ADC, was friendly to everyone, commented on our lolking records saying they were good and asked how we felt playing certain champions. Then he picked Graves for ADC, which wasn't bad, and he had a Soraka support, so great pair. He then built fully AP and attempted to use his Smokescreen as his nuke and main source of damage. That caught the other 3 players off-guard, and it threw the game.

The issue is that just like people have a certain chance of getting trolls that is higher than others due to sheer luck, there are always going to be people that no matter how many games they play, they'll have a ton more ragers. Why try when you've recognized which category you fall in? It's just like there are players that have higher luck with getting trolls on their team more often than not. There are players who have higher luck getting teammates who cannot be helped and refuse to be helped. I am one of those people who consistently gets people who rage or do nothing to assist with their team and refuses to listen to reason. So I go into a game, glhf, ping and call mia's, and say nothing. Because you know what? **** this community. **** them in the ass. Because I've never seen a larger group of ******s in 1 place than in this community, and I lose because of their stubborn behavior and refusal to use logic or listen to good suggestions.

Magni

08-09-2012

I only play ranked when I'm in a good mood, not hungry, not tired, and I'm sure my internet connection is stable. And even then, I sometimes regret it as soon as I join the champion select because of the sort of behavior that one can find there (and if somebody dodges when the team seemed unpleasant, I just leave queue entirely).

Duo queuing with my brother makes it bearable and that's actually the only time I play ranked now.

EDIT: Why would anyone even downvote this post ..? I don't understand.