[suggestion] Possible Master Yi change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Flying Dutchman

07-29-2009

With the current state that melee DPS are in right now in the game...(Aka you have too play way to well to accomplish what a ranged dps can do asleep) I've come up with a possible change to master Yi to give him some more live ability by giving him an option against early harassing, and making a little less susceptible to focus fire mid/late game, while adding to his awesome sword master theme.

Original skill: WuJu style

Dual Ability

Passive: Increase's Master Yi's base damage

Active: Doubles the effect for a short duration

What i would propose is that this skill is either buffed by adding my proposed effect on top of it or altered completly, this is more for the sake of pitching what i think is a cool idea rether than trying to get it balanced exacltly in this post.

New Skill: WuJu style

Dual abiliy

Basic description: master Yi's mastery of the sword is so complete he can cut arrows and even spells out of the air with a mere flick of his wrist.

Passive: Gives Master Yi a % chance to evade any ranged projectile.....

This will help with the early game harassing and let him get some last hits in a lane.

Active: Master Yi focuses all of his attention onto defending himself with his blade, giving him 100% evasion of ranged attacks AND spells.

I was thinking this could either:

A: last for a set amount of time 4-5 seconds

B: drain a % of his mana/sec....... so he can choose how long he wants to use it if he's attacking or dump all his mana to try and escape. prolly 6-7 seconds max

So what do you guys think..... comments/criticisms are appreciated, obviously this is about the idea not the numbers.

If you disagree please post any proposed ideas you have.... Melee DPS needs help and it's out job as testers to help come up with ideas about what should be done.

Hammurabi

Adjudicator

07-29-2009

I agree that Master Yi needs something and I think this would definitely help. It should definitely have a set amount of time that you can have it up, so that it's not just a big middle finger to every ranged type Champion.

I also agree that it fits in well with his badass swordmaster concept.

Village Idiot

07-29-2009

Master Yi's fine. His DPS output is so high he can gank anyone in about 3 seconds.

He's not ment to be played on the front lines leading the charge (thats a tank's job). Try ambushing from the forest instead and you'll see results.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

07-29-2009

Master Yi could use a small buff, but Im not sure if your idea is right. But your going in the right direction

rushe

07-29-2009

If you're going to change the skill, I suggest going all the way with it. Make WuJu style have a % chance to deflect an enemy projectile BACK at the enemy. That's some jedi-shizzle right there ;]

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2009

I take issue with the skill you chose, Wuju Style is a fundamental part of the Master Yi burn. it greatly increases your damage, and when you're late game, that results in larger leeches and incredibly fast kills.

If you're looking for a change to improve melee DPS, take a trick from Warwick's book. Infinite Duress is an extremely powerful ability, it closes, stuns, and can dish out tremendous damage, without the victim being able to do anything.

On the other hand, Highlander currently requires 'skill' (timing, placement, the ability to stick to the hiney of your target), and you're not guaranteed any damage. In a game with numerous roots/stuns/non-slowing effects, it's quite simple to completely nullify Highlander.

The long and the short of it, I would not replace Wuju Style at all. It's a core ability that determines Yi's overall DPS, which can be ridiculous as noted.

MDprodigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Master Yi's fine. His DPS output is so high he can gank anyone in about 3 seconds.

He's not ment to be played on the front lines leading the charge (thats a tank's job). Try ambushing from the forest instead and you'll see results.
I agree. From the amount i played with him, he's fine the way he is. He's an assasin just kill and run. =/

Fatwa

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDprodigy View Post
I agree. From the amount i played with him, he's fine the way he is. He's an assasin just kill and run. =/
I prefer to call him Ninja Yi. Late game, he appears quickly, ends swiftly, and leaves immediately to go farm more gold.

Wobey

Recruiter

07-30-2009

That change seems a little to good for master yi, give a great hero killer, a way to sit tight and wait for back up.

If you gave him a full evasion he would have to be stationary at least for it work. i do not see someone, spliting arrows, / spells as they ran. it just seems little to good.

I would much rather see him get maybe a passive evasion bonus (like 10 15 20 25 30%), and on use increase his attack damage. by said amount, and not return the evasion until a cooldown is met. (like it is now)

Fatwa

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobey View Post
That change seems a little to good for master yi, give a great hero killer, a way to sit tight and wait for back up.

If you gave him a full evasion he would have to be stationary at least for it work. i do not see someone, spliting arrows, / spells as they ran. it just seems little to good.

I would much rather see him get maybe a passive evasion bonus (like 10 15 20 25 30%), and on use increase his attack damage. by said amount, and not return the evasion until a cooldown is met. (like it is now)
You have to remember, he'd be taking a huge drop in damage if Wuju Style was removed.