Dragon Age

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2009

Anyone get it?

Amazing game. I've spent at least 70 hours playing and the game's only been out like a week.

Yes I am crazy and sleep deprived. <3 coffee.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-11-2009

Heh, there's already two threads about it. Yes, it's awesome.

Claous

11-11-2009

Yeah its a great game. Its a good break from Borderlands where me and my friends played it the week it came out and literally slept for maybe 12hours the entire week. We were all dead when we were going to our classes when ever we had them ahaha. I think I pulled off staying awake 48 hours consecutively with only a 4 hour nap between them haha.

But anywho Dragon Age is great.

DT777

11-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Heh, there's already two threads about it. Yes, it's awesome.
Really? I didn't see them. Otherwise I would have just bumped one of them.

Beat the game, have to replay it. Found an interesting bug that can give you infinite stat points, which is funny to abuse.

JonTehKnight

11-13-2009

The game is awesome, but the prospect of possibly losing Morrigan because I actually like being a kindly dwarf worries me. She's the best thing to have against mobs.

TrickyCat

11-13-2009

keeping people happy in Dragon Age is pretty simple when you figure it out. There is an easy way to keep her happy. There's a Golden Mirror you can buy off the vendors in Orzammar. It gives +20 influence to Morrigan. There's also a black grimoire on the second or third level of the Circle of Magi that gives another +20 influence, and starts a quest involving her and Flemeth.

All that influence should give you enough dialogue options to pump her influence to max when you talk to her and stuff and do pretty much what you want. If you have good persuasive skills you can minimize the influence hits you take when you do the "good thing" to -1s and -2s.

TheRaven

Recruiter

11-17-2009

hmmmm this makes me want it even more

Lord Thanatos

11-17-2009

It is a very nice game, but it does have some flaws, compared to the previous D&D games, especially NWN and NWN2:

1) Too few classes
2) All the specializations give you is 4 skills
3) You have no SUPER-SKILL / SPELLS (like you did when you got level 16-20 at NWN for example)
4) Too few customization options
5) Too few skills

The gameplay is better and the characters are far more interesting (yay for lesbian ***), but some key elements that made Bioware RPG games super are missing. The game is very good, but it could have been excellent, if only they hadn't changed SOOO much.

Azarhac

11-18-2009

Hell yes, this game is the main reason I don't play that much LoL anymore. Completed the game in about 40 hours with my human mage and instantly started a Dalish rogue, and to my surprise he seems even more powerful.

I have heard the game sucks with Xbox and PS3 but that was a given. The game's storyline is wonderful and the only problem I have with this game is the fact that some sidequests are way too hard to find. But I would recommend this game to anyone who likes Rpg's.

Edit: On a sidenote, gaining high influence is way too easy for Morrigan imho, I got her to + 50 before I even started adventuring on the main map with my elf. Also, one of the greatest things about Dragon Age is the freedom of choice and the awesome voice acting on some of the npc's and of course Alistair.

More Edit: Btw, this game is really really addicting and I mean it, I have literally sat down to my pc and started Dragon Age and then just sit there playing for what, 15-20 hours without moving at all. So if you don't prefer a game almost consuming your life don't buy Dragon Age, seriously the game is epic win.

DT777

11-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Thanatos View Post
It is a very nice game, but it does have some flaws, compared to the previous D&D games, especially NWN and NWN2:

1) Too few classes
2) All the specializations give you is 4 skills
3) You have no SUPER-SKILL / SPELLS (like you did when you got level 16-20 at NWN for example)
4) Too few customization options
5) Too few skills

The gameplay is better and the characters are far more interesting (yay for lesbian ***), but some key elements that made Bioware RPG games super are missing. The game is very good, but it could have been excellent, if only they hadn't changed SOOO much.
Though I agree with most of your points, I must say that your 3rd bullet is somewhat invalid.

Punisher and Assault are wtfpwn super-skills that dish out amazing damage.

And just about every spell in the game that ends a chain in the elemental tree is a WTFOMGBBQ destroy worlds spell.

Or have you never used blizzard or firestorm?