Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

10 champions everyone should have

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

08-09-2012

Quote:
Jcpdragonx:
Bot: Ashe and any other AD Carry. Ashe is cheap and not too difficult to play, gives you the hang of playing AD Carry.

Support: Soraka and Janna. Soraka is easy to lane with, just heal heal heal mana mana mana and Silence/Ult when required. Janna is a game breaker with her ULT and plays totally different from clerics who constantly only need to heal.

Mid: Ryze and Morgana. Ryze is cheap and a really good champion in general. Morgana lacks damage if she doesn't land here Q, but has good utility and good escaping. Fantastic ult for chasing/initiating with Zhonyas.

Jungle: Warwick and Amummu. WW is so **** easy to use its not funny, no skill shots, a heck load of sustain and an easy ganking skill for early game, but hard to use late game as you have to try and pick a position where you wont get knocked off. Amummu is good for early ganks has an OP ult late game.

Top: Gangplank and Malphite. GP has global ult and a ranged AD move, as well as an inbuilt QSS with heal. Malphite is OP and very tanky, also has a ranged move and one of the best, if not the best initiates in the game.

PS none of the champs are 6300.

WW is also not a very good jungler. Much better top laner.

Judas Priest

08-09-2012

Buy the cheapests.

Jesot

08-09-2012

Annie, Ashe, Tristana, Alistar, Soraka, Ryze, Jax, Malphite, Nunu, and Udyr.

All roles, mostly cheap or free, all high level viability

I'm not a huge Warwick fan. I played him to learn hire to jungle, but he isn't super effective in any role. Once I learned Udyr, I stopped playing Warwick. But I do recommend Warwick for learning to jungle.

HÂARP

09-04-2013

Based on some research I did, these are the best 5-6 champions to learn in terms of countering ability. For example... Of some 20 odd mid champs Fizz counters a ton of them so he's great to learn. I've done this type of research for each role except jungle. I also filtered some champs out as they may counter well, but have awful late game or team fight presence. Jungle doesn't have the same 1v1 matchup as lanes do so I've really based it on team synergy to make good team comps. Let me know what you thinhk.

Solo Top:
Yorick
Renekton
Teemo
Elise
Jayce

Jungle:
Sejuani
Jarvan IV
Hecarim
Rammus
Amumu

Mid:
LeBlanc
Ryze
Kassadin
Diana
Fizz
Mordekaiser

ADC:
Sivir
Tristana
Caitlyn
Draven
Ezreal

Support:
Lulu
Leona
Thresh
Sona
Janna

These champs have no particular order, they are just the top 5 I would own in each role if you're looking to fill any role in ranked games.

iP1ayJarvan

09-04-2013

just get jarvan, and you got all the lanes down. yup, even mid.

CrownRocks

09-04-2013

These champs have great versatility:
Cho Gath Top/Mid/Jungle
Jarvan Top/Jungle/Support/Maybe mid depending on matchup
Elise Any Role
Zac Top/Jungle
Diana Mid/Jungle/Top
Jayce Top/Mid/Can be played ADC/Jungle but your other 9 champs will be better in those roles.

Standard picks that you can't go wrong with:
Caitlyn Always a safe pick as AD
Ezreal Same as Cait
Sona Arguably the best support
Lux or Zyra Similar roles here with lux being better at MID (IMO) and Zyra better at Support so I leave up to you for that last spot.

NinetyNineTails

09-04-2013

Karthus, Sona, Soraka, Caitlyn, Riven, Lee Sin, Amumu, Twisted Fate, Tristana, Nocturne

Kim Jong Krill

09-04-2013

Fizz is an awesome champ and I have a great guide on him that I think you might find helpful:

http://www.lolking.net/guides/180677

The Lord Mayor

09-04-2013

Support:You want one with sustain and one with hard cc
For example, Thresh and Sona
Jungle:You want someone who snowballs early game and someone who carries late game
For example, Jarvan and Hecarim
Mid:You want a long ranged poke champion and a closer ranged burster
For example, Lux and Fizz
Ad Carry:You want one lane bully and one hypercarry
For example, Draven and Vayne
Top:You want one splitpusher and one global
For example, Jax and Shen

OlyBeevar

09-04-2013

Graves and tristana as ADC
Lulu leona as support
Ahri and ryze for mid
trundle and udyr for jungler
Renekton and riven as top lane