Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Korea-specific feature testing: PC Bang rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeranis

08-09-2012

Quote:
HopeIdunLose:
What is the proper pronunciation of PC Bang? Is it bang as in bang bang. I'm gonna bang... or is PC bong as in a bong.

that "a" in "Bang" sounds like very short version of "ah."

Zeranis

08-09-2012

For those of who doesn't understand why this feature is only for Korean Players:

I'd say because PC Bang is more than just regular internet cafe, it's more like cultural thing in Korea.

Trust me, I'm the one of Koeran who saw the rise of PC Bang in Korea.

iDowngrade

08-09-2012

Is this perm??

StriedingeR

08-09-2012

Quote:
Awwww Yeaaaaahh:
We’re going to begin testing international features on the PBE. The first feature we’ll be testing is a Korea-specific feature that gives players extra perks for playing League of Legends in PC Bangs (Korean PC Cafes). Korean players tend to play League of Legends primarily from these locations. In Korean PC Bangs, players pay by the hour to play the game of their choice in a social environment. Within this environment, most game titles (regardless of price) are offered to players via a reduced pricing structure or for free to account for the PC Bang’s usage fee. Our approach is to allow players to select any champion when playing League of Legends from PC bangs, as well as earn a small amount of additional IP. This feature does not affect Korean players when they log in outside of PC Bangs.

When this feature is active, you will see a small medal icon in the top-right corner of the League of Legends client, be able to select any champion, and earn an additional 20% IP at the end of matches. This feature does not actually “unlock” champions, so you will still need to own a champion in order to buy a skin for them.

At this time we have no plans for large-scale implementation of this feature in other regions.

Wait so you're telling us NA players, that we have to test a feature that we will never get to see, which will greatly benefit players from another region? This feature being pretty much unlocking half the game's content for just paying to play? lolwut

RaspberryYumYum

08-09-2012

All I have to say is THANK GOD I don't play on Korean servers. I'd hate to get matched up with people who can random a champion they don't even play. Or pick someone they don't even know how to play O,O This was the issue with free to play being available in ranked which is why I'm surprised to see this being implemented anywhere.

Sherrif

Recruiter

08-09-2012

Why so much hate?

I'd bet a thousand dollars that the people complaining about the feature haven't ever played in a PC Gaming Cafe. There are very few in america, and they mostly die out because people rather play on their own hardware.

µMicro

08-09-2012

You cannot unlock any champion in shop when the reward is active. The unlock champion button is grey and the costs are ??
Is this normal?

Moltra

08-09-2012

Hey, there are PC Bangs in the US too!

CabezaDePionono

08-09-2012

I love riot xd

iZallen

08-09-2012

But I already unlocked all of the champions on the PBE!!