Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Korea-specific feature testing: PC Bang rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vorimate

08-08-2012

But, why this bonus is just for Korean ?

Evil Mem0

08-08-2012

Why are we testing this, is this going to end up being in the NA/Eu servers also? I'm not aware of PC Cafe areas in the NA areas. Is riot considering making some PC cafes in NA/EU like in the asian scene?

CakezMurderMan

08-08-2012

This is great! I do go to a lan center occassionally to play this game and this would make it a lot more fun with my friends there playing LoL!

Heron Blade

08-08-2012

I've just finished a custom game, and I didn't get the 20% IP boost. Is it supposed to be that way?

Awwww Yeaaaaahh

QA Analyst

08-08-2012

Quote:
Apri0ri:
I've just finished a custom game, and I didn't get the 20% IP boost. Is it supposed to be that way?

The IP boost will show up as a separate bar from the normal IP boost bar.

Stockmarketcrash

08-08-2012

Please keep this bonus up as looooooooooooooooooooooooooong as possible.

Daemon

08-08-2012

Quote:
Vorimate:
But, why this bonus is just for Korean ?

Because North America and Europe don't really have a computer cafe system like South Korea. PC Bangs are a huge part of the culture in South Korea, while NA/EU, gaming is not as big of a part of culture.

Sure, there's computer cafes in these countries, but they aren't dedicated to gaming. There's a movement in the city I'm living in to create an American PC Bang, but it's not getting anywhere.

Dicath

08-08-2012

I live in Korea but I play on the NA server. Just to clarify, will this feature, when completed, allow for people playing on the NA server in Korean PC Bang's to get these features?

Awwww Yeaaaaahh

QA Analyst

08-08-2012

Quote:
Dicath:
I live in Korea but I play on the NA server. Just to clarify, will this feature, when completed, allow for people playing on the NA server in Korean PC Bang's to get these features?

To receive these rewards normally, you must play on the Korean server in a PC Bang. This feature is already live so you should be able to visit a PC Bang and try it out.

Sanovah

08-08-2012

Why are we testing a feature that gives koreans every champ for free that we'll never see?