Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Korea-specific feature testing: PC Bang rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HunterHagen

10-22-2012

Los Angeles' Korea Town has a lot of PC Bangs (aka Cyber Cafes) that include LoL in their systems. It's also probably the largest foreign-culture district that promotes PC Bangs in the state (maybe even throughout the entire west coast).

If you want to help business with PC Bangs in America, you can start here . I know a couple of buddies who go with the "24 hours for 10 bucks" deal in these cafes and play LoL.

-A Korean American

Quote:
chronowarper:
I'm curious... I live in WA state and we have an gamer store by where i live where they have a number of pc's you can pay to play on (sounds alot like one of these 'bangs' to me) so are you going to extend this feature to america? Esp since we actually have a decent LoL population?

The scale is simply incomparable. In South Korea, there's a PC Bang around every block in the city. It's embedded into Korean culture and a common place to hang for the younger generations.

Unfortunately for us, America really isn't much of a cyber city as it is in Korea.

Brokroma

10-23-2012

The last time I visited South Korea, there were public access email terminals in the subways, just above the emergency earthquake survival kits.

South Korea's got it going on with the tech.

DarkTundras

10-25-2012

I'm an american in korea, does my NA account receive these benefits when going to a pc bang?

SourKimChi

10-27-2012

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I had all the characters unlocked but now the PC bang rewards are gone

Kyo Tanaka

10-27-2012

I'm pretty sure that the feature will come to other Cyber Cafes to whoever asked this. Korean's may be one of the largest, but it'll probably reach to anything else that has Cyber Cafes.

I personally never been into one myself, though I might be interested.

Kermit666

11-12-2012

Just found this when searching for why I got a sudden bonus, bumping so other new users can see it.

Also, some very minor feedback:

- Instead of '105 champions unlocked', why not just say 'All champions unlocked'? This way its valid regardless of new champions, unless there is some justification for keeping a few champs locked (Blitz & Syndra during bughunt?)

- Curious if the 20% IP boost applies to base IP earning, or also gives 20% for any matched or first game bonus

Awwww Yeaaaaahh

QA Analyst

11-13-2012

Quote:
Kermit666:
Just found this when searching for why I got a sudden bonus, bumping so other new users can see it.

Also, some very minor feedback:

- Instead of '105 champions unlocked', why not just say 'All champions unlocked'? This way its valid regardless of new champions, unless there is some justification for keeping a few champs locked (Blitz & Syndra during bughunt?)

- Curious if the 20% IP boost applies to base IP earning, or also gives 20% for any matched or first game bonus

We specifically count the number of champions awarded since we have the ability to award or not award champions of our choosing. I do see how it would make more sense to the average player if we did say "all champions" instead of just some arbitrary number. I'll toss the idea to the team to see if making this change makes sense.

20% applies only to the base value and stacks additively with other boosts.

Bidorr the Great

12-11-2012

Saw the rewards active yesterday, got super excited to tinker with champions i don't play very often, then it's already gone today haha oh well.

Komeiji Koishi

12-12-2012

Out of curiosity, since this is well past your two-week development cycle, when is this feature going to be switched on again, and will it last for more than just a couple hours instead of the last time? Will this also tie in to some of your more international projects? So far there haven't been any serious bugs that affect gameplay with the new system.

Sir Azural

02-15-2013

Bump since this is active and people keep asking what it is.