Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Korea-specific feature testing: PC Bang rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stvn0603

08-25-2012

any chance of skins in the PC Bang or is that not happening?

The Hellsage

08-26-2012

Quote:
Vuliev:
Wait...so they get boosted IP from playing in internet cafes, but they're playing from their own personal accounts?\

Also, is the boost supposed to be additive or multiplicative with other IP boosts?

Also also, it would appear that the boost doesn't work for Customs.

Yes, they get the boosted IP from playing in internet cafes, but that's because a large chunk of Korean summoners only play at these locations. Since they're pay-by-the-hour style shops, a lot of summoners can only play so many games a day/week/month, compared to others around the world with home internet service that can effectively play League 24/7.

EarthQuake99

Recruiter

08-27-2012

Quote:
Awwww Yeaaaaahh:
We’re going to begin testing international features on the PBE. The first feature we’ll be testing is a Korea-specific feature that gives players extra perks for playing League of Legends in PC Bangs (Korean PC Cafes). Korean players tend to play League of Legends primarily from these locations. In Korean PC Bangs, players pay by the hour to play the game of their choice in a social environment. Within this environment, most game titles (regardless of price) are offered to players via a reduced pricing structure or for free to account for the PC Bang’s usage fee. Our approach is to allow players to select any champion when playing League of Legends from PC bangs, as well as earn a small amount of additional IP. This feature does not affect Korean players when they log in outside of PC Bangs.

When this feature is active, you will see a small medal icon in the top-right corner of the League of Legends client, be able to select any champion, and earn an additional 20% IP at the end of matches. This feature does not actually “unlock” champions, so you will still need to own a champion in order to buy a skin for them.

At this time we have no plans for large-scale implementation of this feature in other regions.

That is pretty cool... (i wish i lived in korea

Awwww Yeaaaaahh

QA Analyst

09-18-2012

Hey all, we will be doing some brief testing on PCB rewards momentarily.

Puppy Storm

09-19-2012

Neat.

ScottyRawr

09-19-2012

Quote:
Awwww Yeaaaaahh:
Hey all, we will be doing some brief testing on PCB rewards momentarily.

I love your name. xD

SaintSummoner

Recruiter

09-19-2012

Quote:
Awwww Yeaaaaahh:
We’re going to begin testing international features on the PBE. The first feature we’ll be testing is a Korea-specific feature that gives players extra perks for playing League of Legends in PC Bangs (Korean PC Cafes). Korean players tend to play League of Legends primarily from these locations. In Korean PC Bangs, players pay by the hour to play the game of their choice in a social environment. Within this environment, most game titles (regardless of price) are offered to players via a reduced pricing structure or for free to account for the PC Bang’s usage fee. Our approach is to allow players to select any champion when playing League of Legends from PC bangs, as well as earn a small amount of additional IP. This feature does not affect Korean players when they log in outside of PC Bangs.

When this feature is active, you will see a small medal icon in the top-right corner of the League of Legends client, be able to select any champion, and earn an additional 20% IP at the end of matches. This feature does not actually “unlock” champions, so you will still need to own a champion in order to buy a skin for them.

At this time we have no plans for large-scale implementation of this feature in other regions.

This is great! i am a korean player but i do not live in korea (sadly) and i know that most korean games give you a bonus for playing in PC bangs(literal translation is rooms its not pronounced how you think it would be) and i think many korean players would love this. Great idea riot!!!

SaintSummoner

Recruiter

09-19-2012

Quote:
Awwww Yeaaaaahh:
For testing purposes, everyone who logs into PBE will be treated like a PC Bang user and will receive these rewards. If you do not see them, please consider this a bug and report it on the PBE forum.

Umm. when is this "patch coming up?" i tried pbe today and right now i do not have access to all the champions. olny the ones on free week and hte chmapions i bought. is this a bug?

Soulece

09-19-2012

If I knew I could get all these rewards, I would have already banged my PC. The more you know I suppose.

seredhras

09-21-2012

so is this some permanent thing to aid testing or what?