Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Korea-specific feature testing: PC Bang rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Straynar

08-24-2012

I was in Seoul and when Korea got their own server they had EVERY champion for free. And yes, an average PC Bang (bang pronounced bong means room fyi) holds I'd say 50 ppl from what I saw, and I'd say I'd see 10-20 playing LoL during peak hours. At least one on at all times though it seemed. Also for about 1 dollar an hr, who can beat it. I'd like to see something like this implemented permanently. I'd like to see all servers like the Korean one where champs are free, but you pay for skins with RP and runes still with IP.
Just my 2 cents

xSteel

08-24-2012

Quote:
DrChubs:
What about the players in the bangs who own all champs and have 20 rune pages? (runes are the only other unlockables that cost ip.) then these players would receive no benefit for playing in the bangs. These players should receive a very small amount of rp for their time playing in the bangs. That way everyone will benefit no matter the situation. Or any other boost that could benefit them like the other players.

I don't know why you guys are down-voting this when it is a serious question. these players would no benefit when they have all champions already and nothing to spend the ip on because their rune pages are full.

If they had everything then they more than likely wouldn't go to a cafe to pay to play this.

Straynar

08-24-2012

Quote:
Knightmares777:
Um... just wondering. Why do you guys keep calling it a PC "Bang"?
in Korean the "Bang" is 방, which literally translates to "Room" (A room for computers per se)

Anyeaseyo,
Well it's called PC Bang (bong) but everything in Korea is a bang it seems like the DVD Bang. So yes it means room, but with millions of ppl on top of each other living in 1200 sq ft apartments with 5 or so ppl in them. They go to these "bangs" for enjoyment since most homes don't have computers or tv's ect. This is just what I found out from the Koreans I worked with. So yes it means room, but so much has a bang behind it it's crazy.
So don't call it a room since when Koreans say it in English it is PC Bang.
Kamsahamnida

Straynar

08-24-2012

Quote:
xSteel:
If they had everything then they more than likely wouldn't go to a cafe to pay to play this.

I hope you realize Korea is keeping Starcraft II going strong. They play tons of games and drop tons of cash on them. They JUST got their own server 6-8 months ago and jumped into the tourny scene with high caliber players almost instantly. They did have the NA, EU, ect servers but it wasn't in Hangul so for the non English speakers it make it a hit.
Trust me, finding a seat during a busy time at a PC Bang is a hassle and LoL is played by MANY Koreans there.

xSteel

08-24-2012

Quote:
Straynar:
I hope you realize Korea is keeping Starcraft II going strong. They play tons of games and drop tons of cash on them. They JUST got their own server 6-8 months ago and jumped into the tourny scene with high caliber players almost instantly. They did have the NA, EU, ect servers but it wasn't in Hangul so for the non English speakers it make it a hit.
Trust me, finding a seat during a busy time at a PC Bang is a hassle and LoL is played by MANY Koreans there.

Um, that's nice? I really don't care at all about starcraft.

hellsascendant

08-24-2012

how long will this persist? does this mean pbe testers have all champions unlocked permanently?

jazzanova

08-24-2012

Awww, I thought I had unlocked some awesome reward for being a good person on pbe.

Shikone1024

08-24-2012

Quote:
Knightmares777:
Um... just wondering. Why do you guys keep calling it a PC "Bang"?
in Korean the "Bang" is 방, which literally translates to "Room" (A room for computers per se)

Proly because computer room doesnt sound cool XD not that bang is better but sounds more unique I figure

CelestialDragoon

08-24-2012

question if pbe is supposed to test champs and elements of gameplay in each patch and what not.
how come this isnt just always on. would it be ineffective to have all champs unlock?

unkull

08-24-2012

Quote:
netkitten:
very annoying when i try to find my champ on that huge list

not sure if you know this yet, but there is a Champion search bar on the top right side of the champion pool when you are in champion select ....