Worst Score system biting your butt Situation you have had ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

FIrst of all this is not a "Riot delete the score system", is just a place where you can vent out, stressful situations because it helps reduce stress, it doesn't need to be anything new, it can be some particular nasty situation that you still remember

it will also help thos pesky players blaming everyone else on their teams on the forums because they got first and lost; realize that the score is flawed and they shouldn't take it in account

Well two days ago i queued with some friends for a game and everything could've been right excepting for a player on the Team, a random guy we got queued with he was playing Olaf yet he wasn't doing anything, no, literally anything, not autoattacking no E spamming, he would only thrw axe s at low health opponents to grab all the score he could possibly hore, if we tried to hide in a bush to gank whoever was coming to our mid olaf would just stand still if we tried to zerg a point, olaf would just stand still, not even autoattacked, if we tried to go on the offensive olaf would just stand still, if we were ganked but with the possibility to win an even match on the jungle (same number of blue players vs purple players. Olaf would just stand still the worst part is that when the enemy either managed to kill us by thanks to olaf just standing still, with the enemy at low health after the fight that olaf didn't fight he would act right away throwing an axe to hore the kill score and then when we told him to actually help and do something during the fights he would call names, and then say "look i'm first im doing good and you are a bunch of noobs ."
and really Olaf would just stand still -_-.

i was in between uploading the game replay or not uploading it but i decided not to upload it because it would be equivalent to name calling

Phourc

08-08-2012

iirc Nome has a big ol' thread about the score system at one point, so they at least know it's an issue. xP

Varshil

08-08-2012

What bothers me the most about the score system is that, for the most part, it only rewards you for killing champions and capturing points. I often end up going bottom, and if me and the enemy champion are at a stalemate, I'm going to wind up having the lowest score on the team by a considerable margin (as will my opponent, but I digress).

So naturally, if things go south and my team is losing, who do they blame? Why, the person with the lowest score, of course. Even though I've been holding my own and keeping bottom steady throughout the game, it HAS to be my fault because my score is lowest. >_<

NamKim

08-08-2012

The scoring system itself does not bother me. What bothers me are the people who take it seriously. The people that goes "I am first so I am the best player on the team. STFU noob!"

There has been several games where I openly admitted to my team that I did terrible yet I somehow got first place. In this one game (for the record, do not make fun of me that I suck or something. I know I am still an inexperienced player), I was Ryze bot going up against a Garen and I did terrible. I kept dying and Garen kept neutralizing my point while I capped it soon after. Since this happened several times, obviously I got the most point on my team when I clearly knew I was the worst player on my team. But the good news is that my team did try to make up for my lack of skills. When I apologized for my pitiful performance, they all said these things happen and not to let it drag me down. Point is, I was the worst player on the team, I still got first place. Score means nothing.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
iirc Nome has a big ol' thread about the score system at one point, so they at least know it's an issue. xP
xp i'm perfectly aware that riot knows it's an issue, this thread is aimed to the awful lot of players that have been spamming the forums with "omg noob team i first we lose nub team" posts lately, it's also aimed to help people to vent out since venting out without name calling or spamming the forums since venting out without raging at your teammates is one of the best ways to reduce stress.

0shi

08-09-2012

This noob riven whom shall henceforth be referred to as "Oshi" in one of my games lost bottom to Jax pretty hard, went top, stole a few killing blows in between getting gibbed and ended up on top despite being a pretty significant factor in the loss.

SpiderParadox

08-09-2012

Any game where you play a bot stalemate the score issue comes up.

TCWA Tigerbite

08-09-2012

The only time I ever bring up the score is when I have 2500+ points and everyone else on my team has under 1000. >=D

KSing/BDing Twitch ftw! (prenerf T_T)

Ragnaarock

08-09-2012

Another thing is that it only takes 1 to cap a point so you may have been part of securing a point or fighting over it but choose to port back or rush to another point or gank instead of capping. So at the end of the game it might say you have 1 cap or 4 neutrals or something but you know you've done more than that.