Published my Fiddlesticks guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slaydis

Member

08-09-2012

Quote:
Cool guide. As a fellow fiddle player I wonder though how good do you think mid fiddle is? Does he play any differently, is he basically a 2nd jungler or really a mid that can farm hard and do a lot of magic damage? I ask because it seems his farming and pushing are serious concerns and I just don't know if I can really go mid.

And a bonus question, what do you do when you are stunned and say at 50% hp, whats your first move out of the stun?
1: IMO yes he is a real mid and yes he is a 2nd jungler depending on against you play. You can farm well, if you know how, most people do not. But dont transpose farming and pushing. Fiddle is a very bad pusher, but that are most players who arent "pushers". If you took blind pick and you are against LeBlanc, try ganking bot or top.

2: Fear, and than walk away, if enemy jungler is nearby use flash. Being on 50% hp should not make you panic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

Senior Member

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCodes View Post
Because it's Solo QQ.
Exactly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jmaf

Member

08-10-2012

Fiddle is not played often in mid because he has to stand around channeling a skill. He does not push quickly which leaves him few chances to roam. Against someone like karthus anivia Lb ahri you will be bursted down. These a very popular mids. Fiddle has low cs with or without blue buff unless he uses his ult to clear waves which barely leaves him to compete. Kages lucky pick and philo stone are often picked up to make up for the low cs. Your guide suggests no MR in a mid lane. You will be chunked for this. I am not a high elo player and I know that building glass cannon is asking to feed.
I suggest the following.
Get some CDR fiddle needs to be able to recast quickly should he be stunned etc.
Offer some different masteries in your guide.
Fiddle in lane often gets ignited. I suggest revisiting your ideas on cleanse. Ap carrys use it just as much. Promote gives you time to roam revisit its possibilities. Revive teleport can work similiarly to how it functions on karthus. Run in after you just died pop your r to win the fight.
I suggest rylais crystal scepter 35% slow after casting drain. Fiddle has two functions primarily CC and crowstorm. While drain is nice it isn't the reason he is brought along.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

Senior Member

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyfromRuin View Post
Fiddle is not played often in mid because he has to stand around channeling a skill. He does not push quickly which leaves him few chances to roam. Against someone like karthus anivia Lb ahri you will be bursted down. These a very popular mids. Fiddle has low cs with or without blue buff unless he uses his ult to clear waves which barely leaves him to compete. Kages lucky pick and philo stone are often picked up to make up for the low cs. Your guide suggests no MR in a mid lane. You will be chunked for this. I am not a high elo player and I know that building glass cannon is asking to feed.
I suggest the following.
Get some CDR fiddle needs to be able to recast quickly should he be stunned etc.
Offer some different masteries in your guide.
Fiddle in lane often gets ignited. I suggest revisiting your ideas on cleanse. Ap carrys use it just as much. Promote gives you time to roam revisit its possibilities. Revive teleport can work similiarly to how it functions on karthus. Run in after you just died pop your r to win the fight.
I suggest rylais crystal scepter 35% slow after casting drain. Fiddle has two functions primarily CC and crowstorm. While drain is nice it isn't the reason he is brought along.

Additionally, some AP casters that usually go mid (ex: Annie) can easily counter Fiddlesticks. Furthermore, he is terribly slow, so he has a bad time dodging skill shots (ex: Varus) and scaping from ganks. Fiddlesticks is not frequently played in mid anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

Senior Member

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaydis View Post
(...)

How the **** is it possible that i am successfull with it and people tell me here: IT IS WRONG???
Why do you say you are "successfull with it"? I checked your past matches and I saw that your last 6 games with Fiddlesticks, you lost 3 and won 3. So, how can you say this is a killing build if you can't even win most of your matches with it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slaydis

Member

08-10-2012

Quote:
Why do you say you are "successfull with it"? I checked your past matches and I saw that your last 6 games with Fiddlesticks, you lost 3 and won 3. So, how can you say this is a killing build if you can't even win most of your matches with it?
Well, i wanna teach you now a lesson in statistics, although i am not a genius but the knowledge i have is enough to clarify your argument. Plz keep in mind that i dont want to offend you i am just telling you something that is general education.

1st: If your win/loss is 1/0 in ranked for example. Your rate is 100% with that champion. Just winning one and losing one, 1/1 is just 50% and so on.....So the ratio differs a lot if your overall games you played are low or high.
It is a big difference if you have a ratio of 9/1, which is 90% win rate (9/(9+1)), or if you have a ratio of 90/10. Both win rates are 90%. However, in the 1st case 9/1, you could claim that you were lucky. In the 2nd case 90/10, there cant be so much luck, so it has to be somehow skilled play. Although even high Elo players dont have that win rate.
So the more games you take, the more your win rate has to do with skill and not with luck.
Therefor taking 6 games and claiming that it is a fail, is not viable at all.

2nd: Lets take a look what we understand under a high win ratio.
Here i show Scarra's stats and mine. However, this is just picking data for 1 or 2 values, this is NOT an overall compare between me and a high ELO player. There is a long way until i can compare myself with Scarra if i ever reach it.

Look at the most played champion Scarra used: It's Kat with 37/29 56.1% win rate.

Here are my stats:Fiddlesticks 39/29, win rate 57,4%.

So having about 60% win rate is not that bad. This is the only reason i took these stats. There are other values you have to consider like the Creep score and the ELO itself, not only the win rate.

But i think you understand that your argument above is not viable, or do u still think that you can rate my gameplay by taking 6 games?
If i would fail most of my games, it would be frustrated and i would start to hate Fiddlesticks cause i am not successfull with him. Why should i write a guide and be confident of it, if i fail most of my games? Doesnt make sense...

Btw if you noticed i was always positiv concerning Kills/Deaths, so could be that the team was bad, just an idea
Slaydis


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slaydis

Member

08-10-2012

Quote:
Additionally, some AP casters that usually go mid (ex: Annie) can easily counter Fiddlesticks. Furthermore, he is terribly slow, so he has a bad time dodging skill shots (ex: Varus) and scaping from ganks. Fiddlesticks is not frequently played in mid anymore.
Annie is one of my favorite opponents, can kill her easily. Of course not with that Fiddlesticks you are used to play. If you would watch the videos in my guide, it is explained how to outrange your opponent and how to burst him/her down+There is an explanation in the mastery section why to use the 9/0/21 masteries. Using Swiftness to dodge skills solves the problem, if you know how to play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

Senior Member

08-10-2012

That's what I was pointing out, you can't barely win most of your matches, and everybody here already showed you how defective your guide is in many aspects. Take these replies into consideration, it's not without a reason your guide is being downvoted here and on mobafire. Better luck next time, cya!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slaydis

Member

08-10-2012

I guess you are brain dead, because you dont understand simple statistic evidence.

And thx for the hint about the downvote, must be u who trollvoted with no explanation at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XCodes

Senior Member

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaydis View Post
Annie is one of my favorite opponents, can kill her easily. Of course not with that Fiddlesticks you are used to play. If you would watch the videos in my guide, it is explained how to outrange your opponent and how to burst him/her down+There is an explanation in the mastery section why to use the 9/0/21 masteries. Using Swiftness to dodge skills solves the problem, if you know how to play.
Ok, I have a question. You've played 60 games, and there are roughly 30 champs listed in your guide. How many times have you gone against an Annie in lane?