Creative Design AMA - Diana, Scorn of the Moon

First Riot Post
12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotRunaan

Writer

08-08-2012
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Hey everyone!

It's that time again! Over the course of today (August 8th) I'll be dropping in to answer questions about our newest champion: Diana, Scorn of the Moon. Ask me anything about her lore, character, story, and place in our universe, and I'll answer what I can!

Here's her bio:

Quote:
An unyielding avatar of the moon's power, Diana wages a dark crusade against the sun-worshiping Solari. Though she once sought the acceptance of her people, years of futile struggle shaped her into a bitter, resentful warrior. She now presents her foes with a terrible ultimatum: revere the moon's light, or die by her crescent blade.

Though she was born to the Solari, Diana's inquisitive nature set her apart from her brethren. She had always found solace and guidance in the night sky, and questioned the dominance of the sun in her society. The Solari elders responded to her challenges with only derision and punishment. Diana remained convinced, however, that if she could find evidence of the moon's power, the elders would listen to reason. For years, she studied Solari archives in solitude until she discovered an encoded message hidden in an old tome. This clue led her to a secluded valley on Mount Targon where she unearthed the hidden entrance to an ancient, sealed temple. Inside, among aging relics and faded murals, she found an ornate suit of armor and a beautiful crescent blade, both inscribed with sigils of the moon. Diana donned the armaments and returned to the Solari elders that night. She declared that the artifacts proved others had once worshiped the moon as she did. Her discovery of evidence challenging Solari dominion shocked the elders. To Diana's horror, they pronounced her a heretic and condemned her to death. As the elders prepared her for execution, Diana's anger and sorrow overwhelmed her desire for acceptance. She lifted her gaze to the sky, calling upon the moon for strength. Lunar power surged within her and she shattered her bindings. Raising her relic blade, she turned and slaughtered the elders. With the temple in ruins behind her, Diana resolved to destroy all those who would deny the power of the moon.

"The sun does not reveal truth. Its light only burns and blinds." ―Diana
As an added bonus, I hope you all enjoyed Diana's login song, Daylight's End. If you have your login screen muted, you can check it out over here! Here are the lyrics:

Quote:
Ask not the sun why she sets
Why she shrouds her light away
Or why she hides her glowing gaze
When night turns crimson gold to grey

For silent falls the guilty sun
As day to dark does turn
One simple truth she dare not speak:
Her light can only blind and burn

No mercy for the guilty
Bring down their lying sun
Blood so silver black by night
Upon their faces pale white

Cruel moon, bring the end
The dawn will never rise again

Zerglinator

08-08-2012

Yes, I've been waiting for this!

FIRST QUESTION: Eve seems to have an upside down heretic mark on her head. Any relation?

Next: Did the ancient Silver Lunari actually advocate the destruction of the sun, or was it more retaliatory against the Solari, where they eventually realized they could not coexist?

noglory

08-08-2012

will she convert current champion of the league to be followers of the moon?

Farlanz

08-08-2012

I'm curious: Is Diana friends with Vayne? Similar (kinda) motivation, "Silver of the moon", etc.

Plus, she is "The Night Hunter" so that probably has something to do with the moon.

noglory

08-08-2012

will she be leading an assault on the iron solari any time soon to encounter leona? if so will there be an in game event similar to noxia vs iona?

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

...what to ask...?

Is there a Lunar shield out there for her, or is there a particular reason why she doesn't have a shield? I mean, I know she's aggressive and all, but...Pantheon and Leona are both warriors from Mount Targon who wield ancient enchanted weapons, and both of them have a shield. Was the Lunar shield destroyed? Did Diana just not find it? Or does the lack of a shield give some hint as to the Lunari past?

Too many questions...

TMP1: Why is there no shield for Diana when Pantheon and Leona each get one?

SoFed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Why does her q curve right and not left?

couldnt the curve switch as soon as you pass the mid point? D:

Machop

08-08-2012

Is she the only Lunari currently, or are there more out there in Valoran? It seems like they were all executed or exiled prior to Diana becoming their warrior.

Eph289

08-08-2012

Let's talk about our other champion who uses lunar elements somewhat prominently and lives in the night, Vayne, ("silver of the moon) and how she relates to Diana.

Both of them have strayed significantly from the orthodoxy of their societies (Demacia, Solari) to pursue their own aims. Both of them are lone wolves. Both of them are big into the night.

I'm sure they've met in the League of Legends, but outside that, do they have any interaction in the Institute of War? Does Diana have any particular respect for Vayne given that she uses some kind of toxic metal possibly empowered by the moon and works in the night a lot?

53papers

08-08-2012

What is the Solari training like? Is it somewhat similar to Rakkor training?

Which champions does she respect in the League? Which is she the most condescending towards to?

Thanks for answering the questions

12345 ... 11