Things I see often in Dominion I never want to see

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeetle View Post
I don't knock revive too much because I've seen it do big things, but personally I don't like taking it because you may go the entire game without 'the right time' to use it, where ignite / exhaust will always be useful in every game. It's sort of like blind picking Katarina and hoping the other team has no CC.
well ignite and exhaust are actually better than flash here, ignite prevents you to waste valuable time chasing low health slippery opponents letting you focus on important things (high health opponents beating on you while you chase or capturing points) and exhaust is mostly used for its damage reduction component since many bruisers fights are won by "just not dying first". it has its uses when chasing and escaping but on such cd ( 6 uses per match at most 4 to 5 on a regular match) it's better using it as a damage reduction spell.

i disagree with the nidalee and lux points but well youa ctually didn't knock off revive.

Sighmon8x

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
I suck at Jax (hard to believe that's possible, huh)
You're not alone, I somehow suck at Jax as well..

Back on topic, I think I disagree with almost everything OP has said apart from capping mid instead of contributing to the windmill fight (unless you're down a player or you're certain that you'll lose the fight, and then again ganking bot would probably be a better option).

Nidalee can almost 1 shot squishies with a well placed spear. That contributes how? She's just taken an enemy out of the fight in 1 hit. Not to mention she can give the team a lot of jungle control and visibility through her traps, and with AP her heal/AS buff is nothing to scoff at, even with the global healing debuff (20% really isn't as much as it seems).

As for Lux she can be one of the most irritating champions to play against, as other people in the thread have highlighted already. 26 second cooldown on a massive ranged magic nuke? That is bad how? A Q that can trap 2 targets? A W that can shield the entire team (albeit a small shield but still a shield).. I don't understand how Lux has a bad kit for Dominion. Chances are you've just come across really bad Lux players, but then again any champion is going to suck in the hands of players who suck at them.

Tempestphile

10-08-2012

I can give you 3 and 5, but not your attitude or your thinking.

but to be fair, 5 you just learn to ignore after a while, especially in trash elo like me!

MVpmack

10-08-2012

I echo the sentiment that #3 and #5 are correct. All other points are really wrong.

Lux and Nidalee? Two of the queens of point harassment, Lux is just amazing. I don't even play her, but when I get one on my team I don't usually complain. Sometimes there are bads that play Lux, but that's because they're bad and not because Lux is bad. Nidalee's a bit harder to work, and I've had bad Nidalees hand my team a loss (including myself playing Nidalee here). However, she's not bad, and she is really good at baiting ambushes and being extremely annoying. 2-3 spear hits is a won teamfight for her team, and yeah sometimes things don't work out and she ends up not contributing much. However, I blame that more on bad teammates who don't know how to work with Nidalee more than I blame Nidalee herself. If you don't give her the opportunities, she won't hit with spears, so if anyone's to blame for bad Nidalee it's often her teammates. That would mean you.

2: Tiamat aside, most items on Dom are reasonable on someone. There are plenty of fail builds out there, but they're fail builds and not fail items.

4: Backdooring is a calculated risk. Again, if a backdooring player is on your team, you should play to support them; that means don't commit to fights if you're down a person and force the enemy to respond. Often a BD can pull multiple champions to deal with it, especially someone like Shaco who is really good at escaping. If your team tries to backdoor, work with it. Don't get into a teamfight and blame backdooring for your loss; realize that they are gone and give the rest of your teammates the retreat order so your buddy has some time to work. You're the fake threat, the BD is the real threat, until the enemy commits two champions to dealing with your BD (then your team is the real threat and the BD is the fake threat). I understand that it might be hard to adapt to the gamestate and charging to top to teamfight seems like the best thing to do, but sometimes it's not! Imagine that! Now imagine if two of you hid in the jungle, one pushed the top minions, Shaco was BDing, and the enemy sends one person to deal with Shaco. Free kill and a free mid point!

Play tactically and adapt to the scenario in place. Don't just dial-a-strategy and hope for a win, or you're no better than the "bads" you're complaining about.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

You've got mixed amounts of validity to your points.

1. Nidalee is not so good, but Lux is a fine pick. I wouldn't ban her, but she's acceptable for a compromise between playing for fun and playing to win unlike someone like Veigar.

2. A lot of those opinions vary by which champ you're specifically talking about (Yorick or Urgot make more use out of a Manamune than Ezreal, etc). Tri-force is generally pretty useful. The slow component and speed boost components are equally as valuable as the proc.

3. This is terrible in every situation. Agree.

4. Agree

5. Agree

Risemix

10-09-2012

Lux has one ludicrous strength: she can defend points solo and stop caps like forever against up to 3 other players. In that way she's amazing when your team is winning. It's very difficult to take a game back when Lux is on the enemy team.

But it's also very, very hard to make comebacks with Lux on your team because she sucks a little when a team is on the offensive.

I like Lux though and think she's a tad underrated.