@Riot "Attempting to reconnect" madness...

1234511 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GBash

08-08-2012

Good day everyone and good day at you Riot.

The issue I am going to talk about is a serious one and really frustrating for us players who want to have a good time.

Here I am, in ranked once more trying to climb back up, I enjoy this game a lot and I already have had good times with it. But now I want you guys to acknowledge a certain bug or disturbance that has been causing frustration to a lot of us players.

I don't know exactly when it started but somehow I keep getting really strange disconnects the entire game...

Now those are no typical disconnects. A disconnect normally happens when your own internet is having a hard time or is having disturbance through the cable or through the weather etc etc etc.

The disconnects I am talking about are like 20 times in a game or even more. Players who have these problems still see what is going on in the game, the champion they play will move to the latest point they rightclicked to. In other words, they freeze.

Last game we won a ranked game, we had a very good early game but they were catching up because the Blitzcrank in our team (that was me) was constantly freezing. I would have felt so bad for these players if they would have lost because of me (but actually because of you Riot). No disconnect message has been appearing for them so the most normal reaction would be:

OMG Blitzcrank, WTF are you doing? Stupid NOOB!

And I'm going to be honest Riot, I have cursed a lot at you at these moments because this was totally frustrating for me to freeze every minute for like 30 seconds.

Luckily for me, I queued with 4 amazing people who acknowledged the bug, Ahri in our game even said she was familiar with this kind of bug.

Now, the main reason I am posting this here is because I want to see a fix for it. I have said to myself that I will no longer queue for a game if this bug or how you would like to call it gets not fixed. I don't want to dissapoint people because I am getting constant freezes in my game.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2448826&page=2

The link I have put down right now is one from the Help & Support forums. Because Riot hasn't seen this thread or even answered this thread I found it my duty to try to get the attention from a lot of players and in the first place of you Riot.

I hope I will get a lot of responses here.

EDIT:

Riot, is it possible that it is Summoner's Rift related? Because I'm basically stuck on playing Proving Grounds right now and I don't get the "attempting to reconnect" bug there.

EDIT 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frilly View Post
try uninstalling pando media booster
I just went in a Summoner's Rift after uninstalling Pando Media Booster, so far so good, although I still have to further test it.

EDIT 3:

Removing Pando Media Booster does not solve our issue my friends. I tested it.

EDIT 4:

This is my netalyzer result link.

http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...8367-4674-b557

I'm connecting from Belgium. I NEVER had this problem before after 3 years.

EDIT 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanewiggle View Post
THIS IS MY OWN THREAD WHICH I DECIDED TO ATTACH BELOW. IT WAS MADE ON AUGUST 17th TECHNICALLY BUT IT WAS AT 1AM OR SO AND MY SYMPTOMS STARTED ON AUGUST 16th.

Yesterday, 10:28 PM
Alright so this morning I loaded League of Legends and from the first game I played I didn't notice anything strange until I started disconnecting and getting the reconnect screen. This happens to me every once in awhile right after a champion patch like the Draven one and the Varus one but it had stopped for a long time. But the difference with this lag was is wasn't the traditional lag where my character was moving slow or the actions of the game were not in real time. This was just a disconnect that would happen multiple times a game.

Frustrated with the fact that your team doesn't care about your problems (rightfully so) and how I was getting scolded every time I reconnected I took a long break and searched all over Google which linked me mainly to the European forums for LoL and then here.

The problem lied therein. On these threads people reported lag spikes after a patch and mentioned all the way back to the Diana patch and then reported black screens etc. I did not have any of this. I ate dinner and I decided to play again and played Customs. The problem persisted in Custom games which led me to take more serious measures than a Google search.

I then decided to run another virus scan with Malwarebytes. And listen close since this in important, I found and deleted around 8 viruses which had remained after the first scan I ran earlier this day which were nonexistant before. I keep my computer clean and run scans everyday but I made a desperate move in thinking the two events were related. This LoL disconnect issue was not and persisted after the scan and existed before it.

Now I decided to redownload the client since it always gave me problems with the launcher. Like it would freeze and I would have to exit the launcher and restart it and log in (very common problem but never persisted after closing and restarting). At this time I had been running my scan as well (the one I mentioned in the previous paragraph). After both were done I restarted my computer, power cycled my router and modem, and opened up LoL.

Now I was pissed and like any brash pissed person I screamed did the "Why me?!" and blamed God etc. and then watched a couple TV shows for two hours and came back to my computer.

Now I just opened up the client and played a custom game of ARAM since dcing would not be as frustrating and deciding to time my disconnects since I had to go to sleep soon anyway and it was my last ditch effort. Bingo, I found the problem.

Every 4 minutes to the dot I disconnect and I recorded the disconnects 8 times. Never a minute early or less. I would get the reconnect wait bar and close the client and relaunch it exiting out of the "this is already open, would you like to terminate it" popup to avoid the login wait time and would get back in the game ASAP. Without fail every 4 minutes. Now I ask people in my games and frankly since it's been custom games, they are all foreign from my location and they don't report back with any similar issues. Now in game I noticed that my ping was the same as it usually is (100 on loading screen, lowers to 87, 85-91 in game), but my FPS was staying at 30 then going to 50 and I was experiencing some of these lag spikes people were talking about, but only on Proving Ground did I get the lag spikes whereas my FPS was like this on all maps. My normal FPS is 60 but drops to 50 and in team fights maybe 43. Not 30-50.

That drives me to my main point. Everyone comes to these forums and complains and then one guy does the research and they don't put forth the effort and then just back him up. I did not want to be that guy. I did my share as of today and I would like some answers on what is causing my client to crash every 4 minutes starting on the 16th of August. If it is my ISP, so be it, tell me and I will handle it with them, is it something to do with Long Island, New York (where I live), so be it, tell me and I will deal with it. Just if it has to do with LoL or the servers or the common programs a gamer or person would have on their computer, please advise me on what to do.

I just want to get back on the Fields of Ju...nvm. I just want to play League of Legends again.

SIDE NOTE: I am sorry if this is really long but I see the Wrenchman always give this huge walkthrough on how to fix a problem and the OP has reported no change and I realize that in order to get the right advice and not waste people's time I must be accurate and thorough in the description of my problem. Not name different companies or programs but literally detail what is happening to me in the game that they have their knowledge and expertise on helping out with.
EDIT 6:

I am currently in touch with some people from Riot, I will let you guys know more when we figured this out.

EDIT 7:

With a lot of thanks to RiotSunshine I believe we fixed the problem. After a lot of e-mails back and forth we believe we have found the solution. It's been a couple of days now and I have yet to get the "attempting to reconnect" issue in my games.

Try disabling your IPv6 with Microsoft Fix it using the link here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

When I had done that I didn't experience any more disconnects from the game! I suggest you guys all try it out!

Of coure that was not the only thing I did, everything this guy already has summed up was also suggested by RiotSunshine but I believe disabling the IPv6 is the thing that did the trick!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2530915

THANK YOU RiotSunshine!

EDIT 8:

This also helped for me, change your home network into a public network, sometimes interactions with different computers cause the system to lag. That's why I had an increase in "attempting to reconnect" issues when he was playing too.

Trikstr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Many people are having this problem. I've had it happen to me in ranked as well :l
A red actually replied to another thread regarding the issue so they're investigating it.
If I wasn't on my phone I'd link you the thread.

BurgMcfurg

08-08-2012

Happened to me about 3 times in the past few weeks. I figured it was my computer or something. Oh well.

BossShidonii

08-08-2012

Happened to me a couple times past few days...ruined some games

Jagerjaques

08-08-2012

Bump so riot sees this.

This is happening way too frequently for Riot to continue to turn a blind eye. It's really frustrating when a problem that you cannot control at all causes the loss of a game, especially in ranked.

Riot trollin' hard.

NommCookiez

08-08-2012

happened to me a while ago and is really annoying.
is it hard for riot to fix at all?

attacksushi

08-08-2012

This is happening to me too - I just assumed my internet was flaking out.

Jagerjaques

08-08-2012

bump

GBash

08-08-2012

Bump.

Supified

08-08-2012

It happened to me once and it was frustrating as I never made it back into the game.

1234511 ... 30