Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pure Tank Diane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS11a369b6d1d339

08-08-2012

So I went tabi boots, frozen armor, force of nature, and then did the ap stuff

I found it very fun, and good to be sticky on folks. I didn't kill that many, but I lasted long enough that, I could run around annoying folks, and my cool down was low enough, that I could spam my skills and maneuver around in a fight.

The one thing I did notice, I couldn't light up champions , like a normal Diane, but I stuck on them long enough in the middle and such, that I could kill them safely most the time, and out last the initial burst of other carries anyways.

My roll changed from assasian, to sort of a chaser bully.

larkhill

08-08-2012

heres a problem with ur build. what forces people to attack you in the beginning of a fight? yes, u can stick to people and poke them with a stick but ultimately, u have no taunt and no hard cc. the enemy can ignore u and kill the rest of ur team then together, they can kill u. tank diana does not do enough dmg to be a threat.

an interesting characteristic about diana is that her tankability scales directly with her AP due to her shield. if u build tanky ap items like rylai's and abyssal, u'll get just as tanky as a pure tank build because of her shield.

i like the the mpen build (guise, sorc, abyssal, athenes) into zhonya's or lichbane works very well and makes u fairly tanky.

Glumduk

08-08-2012

Play Leona - be more useful as a tank.

Psi21

08-08-2012

Quote:
Glumduk:
Play Leona - be more useful as a tank.

And play Alister if you want to play and even more useful tank who survives longer.

Glumduk

08-08-2012

This is now a Leona vs Alistar topic (another one).
Go.

larkhill

08-08-2012

alistar is am amazing tank when he has his ult up, without ult he becomes a pretty mediocre tank. he's also fairly terrible at locking down people. he also has a very predictable initiation

leona has more cc, can tank in all situations due to low cd shield, and her ult lets her initiate from anywhere and at long range.

mpen diana gets fairly tanky and can actually survive quite a bit against an AP team. against an AD team it gets a bit tricky

IS11a369b6d1d339

08-08-2012

I think frozen armor and a abyssal scepter can go a long ways.