automatically switch between my installed video cards?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crz

09-11-2010

i read from the apple site that there are 2 video cards on my macbook, one is intel and the other one is nvidia geforce 320m. and that depending on how demanding the programs i run are, switches between each other to make good use of resources. my question is, would i have to set it manually (maybe with the "better performance" option?) or would it automatically switch to my nvidia one as i open a graphics demanding program like LoL?

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

09-12-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

With the 320M it should set itself automatically.

You can check this by going to your Energy Saver preferences. You shouldn't have "Better Performance" option like some people do.

crz

09-12-2010

ya i dont have that energy saver "better performance" option, i heard they took it out on snow leopard for some reason, just wanted to clear that up, thx. long as im using the better vid card im fine, since i always have power adapter on.

fibonacci 618

09-12-2010

They didn't take it out, if you have only one video card it won't show.

Take a look at this:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=246090

If that doesn't work, maybe you have the 13" model that has only one video card?

Double check your model, if your video card is the GeForce 320M, you only have one video card. If you have the GeForce 330M then you should have two and maybe you should talk to someone at the apple store.

fibo

crz

09-12-2010

ohh nice i have one vid card. then i have nothing to worry about if thats the case. nothing about the card switching problem then, thx ppl