Low ELO Hell - Riot are you ever going to fix these issues?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyraethan

09-11-2010

I personally am getting more and more frustrated playing as time goes by, and my games played has been falling due to this. I love this game, but I am now near 95% of my last 30 or so ranked games lost. The problem here is that every single one of these losses was solely decided based on the fact of a leaver or multiple massive scale feeders.

They were nothing close to a evenly matched game, nor were they even fair based on "in game" mechanics. They are people who are playing ranked games and their "enjoyment" is the suffering of others. I will now explain my grief, offer a solution which in many cases has been said numerous times before, and then ask for Riot's input on a few key questions I will ask. My post is regarding this problem in ranked solo queue, and all other matchmaking types are not going to be mentioned and as such should not be discussed with feelings for or against my arguments presented here.

Leavers

Why are people who leave so many games allowed to play ranked at all? They are the number one cause of grief for those below 1200 ELO and are estimated to be in upwards of 60% of games at that rating. The ELO disparity they cause by making the team that may have lost win, and the team that may have won lose is enormous given the massive number of games this takes place in. There have been countless posts analyzing this, and how it does not only affect that game, but every game after that due to people being award ELO when they should have lost and vice versa. Why is this even being allowed to occur?

To fix this a percentage based system needs to be added, as there is one in every other successful game in the genre. And for ranked matchmaking, there should be the typical bracket with only people that have zero leaves and a bracket with a 5% threshhold of leaves to games played bracket. Ranked matchmaking should also include a third bracket for those with greater than 10% of games played as leaves and these players should be banned from matchmaking for the season, ie from season 1. If you leave that number of games, you loose your right you play ranked, and I by no stretch of the imagination feel that is harsh in any way.

Massive Scale/Intentional Feeders

When I am talking about feeders, it is very difficult to distinguish between what is intentional, and what is not. Thus I will not define what I mean by this, and I feel that I am giving a pretty reasonable line as to what should be punishable, and what should not be. The typical definition of "feeding" that I hear is 3 deaths by level 8. The feeders I am talking about are those that have 6+ deaths by level 5, those that run into a very obvious group of 3+ enemies for the 4th time while we all tell him no, don't do that, etc every time, and of course those that "rage out" and just start running into enemies. A typical score will be 3 or less kills with 15 or more deaths by the 25 minute mark.

I tend to have at least one of these players in 75% or more of my ranked games, and in about 35% of them, I have 2 or more. This paired with 60% or more of my games with a leaver, how am I supposed to win? I feel that there should be far stronger punishment for those that enjoy frustrating their team by helping the other team win in this manner. I report players constantly with the current in game tool, but it does not seem to be helping at all. Being baned from ranked matchmaking for the remainder of the season should again be the punishment.

For Riot To Answer

I strongly seek a Riot response to this post as this issue is affecting a large number of your players.

1) Are you working on an anti-leaver system, such as a percentage based one that I spoke about above? This is fully automated, and once made, would require little to no time for you staff. I do hope you are, seeing people with 30+ leaves in ranked is just absurd and honestly demonstrates a very poor level of disciplinary action on your part. People laugh at being "reported" and this is why.

2) How is ELO supposed to be accurate with this number of external/non-skill based factors, leavers, intentional feeders, etc. artificially altering players ratings; and how do you intend to fix this massive disparity? Nearly every game I play is a landslide with less than 5% of my games being a fair match. This alone should tell you that ELO is not working as intended. This is also extremely frustrating for players such as myself who wish to play competitively, but can't due to never having fair games matched with other players of equal skill. My last statement is 100% counter to what you should be aiming for with this game.

I love this game, but right now it is not providing any enjoyment for me. I want games to be won or lost based on what they are intended to be won or lost on, not which team is given a leaver, or which team has someone who intentionally feeds because they enjoy the detriment to others. I urge you to fix these glaring problems, and it will bring back the enjoyment me and so many other players once had.

Tyraethan

09-12-2010

I know there are more people that are experiencing these issues. Please help me in bring light to Riot.

Wingflier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Until Riot implements a percentage based anti-leaver system, I don't see how anyone can take Ranked games (or Matchmaking) seriously. This should have been priority ONE from the start.

Before they created the first champion, the first map, the first spell, they should have created a proper anti-leaver system. The designers of this game CLAIM to have been avid DotA players, but I find that hard to believe on so many levels.

Tyraethan

09-12-2010

A typical ranked game for me. I am on a team with one reasonable player, 2 feeders, and a leaver. I am also the top player of the game, yet it means nothing, I continue to loose ELO.

edited for better picture
*******http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9061/typicalranked.png********

Groxo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

i really think the people making these threads rage and cause their teamates to leave or feed. im in low elo hell of ranked games, 1100 elo range. yet i rarely see a leaver.. these so called ''feeders'' are your fault too. help them, gank their lane, ward their lane, ward dragon, direct them. switchs lanes. maybe it's enemy team comp, or yours causing them to feed. be patient with them. i used to be 900 elo and ive steadly been raising my elo by doing these things.

LÍDÍrp

09-12-2010

i totally agree, in the last say 20 games i have won 4 and lost the rest, i try my ****dest to play good and win, but almosed everytime they become so fed that i get a negative score, and im not going to be a ******bag just to get a positive K/D/A when i play my games.

I have 700 ELO, thats right, and 80% of it isnt my fault..

Hows that fair?

Tyraethan

09-12-2010

I personally do all of those things you are talking about Groxo, but you must realize that there is only so much 1 person can do. And how am I raging, I am kindly asking Riot to fix a massive problem, while still trying to raise my ELO.

CecilRhodes

09-12-2010

There's no incentive for people to not leave. If they're 700 ELO most of them think "Ah, **** it. I'm not getting out of this hellhole. I'll just quit."

FailPatrol

09-12-2010

You forgot to mention that if you are by any chance on a winning streak, you will be stuck with at least 2 feeders against a coordinated team of people that actually know how to play.

Stealthed Mofo

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groxo View Post
i really think the people making these threads rage and cause their teamates to leave or feed. im in low elo hell of ranked games, 1100 elo range. yet i rarely see a leaver.. these so called ''feeders'' are your fault too. help them, gank their lane, ward their lane, ward dragon, direct them. switchs lanes. maybe it's enemy team comp, or yours causing them to feed. be patient with them. i used to be 900 elo and ive steadly been raising my elo by doing these things.
I do that. I try and give advice, I ward, I gank, I tank, I initiate. I know my weaknesses, so I do my best to cover that up by playing to my strengths. But that's the thing, currently I'm in 789 elo, nobody wants to listen. Nobody does, and that one lucky game where they do,are the games I win.

PS: I've seen some crazy **** in Elo hellhole. A manamune trynd(said getting mana would make his skills not use hp), a malady cho, a jungling sivir, AP olaf, and much much more.