Transparent HUD?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ivalice

09-11-2010

I already have a good sense of the HUD and I wouldnt mind a transparency setting with a scale from 0% - 100%. Just because the HUD might be blocking something important i.e an enemy tower, champion, etc. Just an idea, I think it would help my play.

Spicyflakes

09-12-2010

+1

tsenrezetorc

09-12-2010

ive seen a lot of games implement this feature, the scale being the best part about it. now that i think about you make good points as to why it should be in LoL.

Dred Pyrate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivalice View Post
I already have a good sense of the HUD and I wouldnt mind a transparency setting with a scale from 0% - 100%. Just because the HUD might be blocking something important i.e an enemy tower, champion, etc. Just an idea, I think it would help my play.
I like your idea, and you seem to be saying that with an 80+% transparent HUD, you would just 'know' where to click.

Truth be told, there's NOT A SINGLE THING that I click on my HUD. I use 1-6, QWER, DF, G, O, P, Y, Z, A, S, and SPACE. The only click I ever use on my HUD is right-clicking the gold shop icon because it makes you walk to just in range of the shop. I can live without it.

Therefore, to help with this suggestion AND with the top team skillshot complaint, I would love to press a key, say H or Ctrl+H, that makes the HUD 50% or so transparent, and UNCLICKABLE. Clicks go through to the game below/behind, i.e. the ground, creeps, champs etc, not buttons.

Me personally, I would want this toggleable:
~~~~~~ Ctrl+H to ghost the HUD
~~~~~~ H to re-enable the HUD
~~~~~~ H to re-ghost the HUD
but I would settle for holding H to ghost the HUD when I needed it gone, so unless H was held down it was like normal.

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Agreed. The ONLY other thing I use my HUD for, other than seeing my own health, is rearranging my items (I like my activate-able items on slot 2). Also, Riot really needs to get rid of the walls on the HUD that are there when you start the game. EVERYONE turns them off eventually I would think. (I've helped 5+ friends make their HUD smaller and turn off the walls)

Pmuzi

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pissfer View Post
Agreed. The ONLY other thing I use my HUD for, other than seeing my own health, is rearranging my items
which is the only thing that you REALLY need the HUD for. thumbs up on that!

Bobbles

09-14-2010

+1 Bump :P

Visualcode

09-14-2010

What about those that can't do this? Now they suffer a disability. The game is designed to allow you to view exactly what they want you to. There is a reason they shoot down all the suggestions to allow camera zooms and other visibility enhancements.

stilldo

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pissfer View Post
Also, Riot really needs to get rid of the walls on the HUD that are there when you start the game. EVERYONE turns them off eventually I would think. (I've helped 5+ friends make their HUD smaller and turn off the walls)

Those walls really piss me off, how do you go about getting rid of them?

Bettysmith

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldo View Post
Those walls really piss me off, how do you go about getting rid of them?
While in game, navigate to More Options menu. Should be a check mark to toggle it in there.