Tips Against Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IncentiViolentae

11-11-2009

He snared. And then I died... And it doesn't really matter what character I play...

Maybe I just suck? But I when I try to get away from him I'm either snared or I get a few things bounced off of me >< Aand I die.

Help?

Dev Remming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2009

Strategy against Ryze would be these:

Banshee's Veil, This is counter to pretty much any status effect against you and effective against Ryze, not to mention The bonus health and Magic resist will do wonders against him.

Next up in Cleanse/Ghost walk. If your not a character who is absolutely fast then These two will let you get away from most anything. As soon as prision goes down cleanse it, ghost walk and run, Ryze will use his ulti and waste it as you just run away.

Razerwind

11-11-2009

Magic Resist.

Knight Kinetik

11-11-2009

If you're in the same lane as him early, the best indicator to whether he's going to attack you is if he moves towards you. Yeah I know, all champs move towards you when they want to attack, but it's more obvious with Ryze because he has a really small range on rune prison and pretty much all his castable abilities.

Fannypak

11-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Kinetik View Post
If you're in the same lane as him early, the best indicator to whether he's going to attack you is if he moves towards you. Yeah I know, all champs move towards you when they want to attack, but it's more obvious with Ryze because he has a really small range on rune prison and pretty much all his castable abilities.
This can also get you killed.

I tend to run head first at my opponent so that they'll leave the safety of their creeps, than I flash onto them, cage+nuke+ult, and I get a free kill.

If you cant stay with you creeps at all times, than you need to be extra cautious about early game Ryze.

Pieceofcandy

11-11-2009

Grab 2 items with magic resist on them and unless he has the new MR pen item, you can survive his ulti.

Voidgolem

11-11-2009

Cleanse.

Alternatively, Mercurial Treads (or whatever the -snare shoes are). Those come with MR, too, so it's a fairly solid purchase >.>

Jonas Sterling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2009

Hextech rocket spam gogo.

Cyatomorrow

11-12-2009

Flash will take you far enough to escape his ulti. Otherwise, get some magic resist.

He's a pain, it's true, but just try to be cautious if you don't know where he is on the map, and you can avoid a lot of ulti-ganks.

Remember the ulti usually deals about 600-700 damage a bounce at 18, an extra 100 if Ryze is under 40% health, so it will really mess you up even if it only hits you once.

Novascourge

11-12-2009

Remember that if any hero targets you with any spell or just their auto-attack, they'll have an orange outline if they need to close the distance first, so you can know when to back away or bait them.