So , if I don't pick a tank ....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

orange mint

09-12-2010

i don't mind tanking, i actually enjoy it a bit, but what ticks me off is when the "carries" starting giving me **** about my k/d ratios.

one game i went 5/12/26 (pretty long game), we won, but at the end my teammates says that i'm a feeder and a noob. i mean really? without a tank we wouldn't have won, and they wouldn't have gotten all their kills as you can see from my assists. And another person says i shouldn't be dying as much as i did even if i'm a tank....i snapped back saying "would you rather have me (tank) die or our carries die?", he didn't answer back after that.

I don't care about my k/d ratio as long my team can kill the enemy fast, but sometimes i just want to strangle my teammates for those stupid comments.

Mothertrucker

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by isa Nox View Post
i don't mind tanking, i actually enjoy it a bit, but what ticks me off is when the "carries" starting giving me **** about my k/d ratios.

one game i went 5/12/26 (pretty long game), we won, but at the end my teammates says that i'm a feeder and a noob. i mean really? without a tank we wouldn't have won, and they wouldn't have gotten all their kills as you can see from my assists. And another person says i shouldn't be dying as much as i did even if i'm a tank....i snapped back saying "would you rather have me (tank) die or our carries die?", he didn't answer back after that.

I don't care about my k/d ratio as long my team can kill the enemy fast, but sometimes i just want to strangle my teammates for those stupid comments.

Happens often , ill go 0-4-12 , Get epic tosses on Anumu , Epic aoe ults that clearly made us win but you get no credit for it . All you get is a "$%/$%/%? piece of "/$%/% Xin sh*t talking about how awsome he is and how its all about him

InsaneStranger

09-12-2010

For me it's different each game. Sometimes I would get teammates who would pick DPS carries and horribly fail with them. Although, the last time when I wasn't a tank, our Rammus would not buy oracle against a heavily fed Twitch. He heavily protested, "Why should the tank buy oracle?!" Glass cannon Heimerdinger should not be forced to buy oracle just because our Rammus is an idiot. Anyway, just play with either friends who play tanks well or play with friends who can play good carries.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothertrucker View Post
... No one else ever does . Anyone else feels that way ? I'm being serious , I normaly play tank or heavy support and used to hover around 70 % win ratio in normal of course . Recently i said F that i wanna try something else , let others do their part... well didnt quite work out that way.

Went from 70 % win to 70 % loss by stoping playing tanks , No one ever picks one . Ppl get the cool or new champs , quickly lock in then you are stuck with singed or olaf as your tank . Not only they are your main tanks but the guys playing them decide it would be funny to go manamune on singed so basicly annie's the tank on your team....

So , Does this happen to anyone else ? Where you are just kind of forced of playing tank otherwise you know its going to be a loss and none of those selfish pricks will play one.

PS nothing wrong with olaf of singed ( And not talking about having both on the team at the same time , Each on a different game ) , they are good Off tank , but they arent main tanks specialy when played as AD.
Playing tanks doesn't work well unless you duo with someone who can carry really well. Let your friend make your premade, so he can get the first pick and carry with his champ of choice. Then pick whichever tank you want with your pick.

In my case, I just started playing only carries. I duo with friends who like playing tanks. Since I started doing this, my win rate has skyrocketed.

Solo queue is basically like gambling. If you don't trust your random teammates, then duo with someone good and carry/tank. One of you carry, one of you tank. If you do this, your chances of winning will be much higher.

Dethknell

09-12-2010

Quote:
Ppl get the cool or new champs , quickly lock in then you are stuck with singed or olaf as your tank .
And just whats wrong with playing a Singed tank, hmm?
Also, people don't tend to realize that manamune can actually be a *good* item for Singed. The more mana he has, the more health he has. You should only really get it end game though, for knocking down towers with Insanity potion.

killerkanz

09-12-2010

I actually enjoy tanking as shen. Some people get kicks out of getting a triple kill. I get mine from a last second ult save, killing people as a "low threat" champion, and getting that perfect initiation that allows my team to steamroll.

Caillou

09-12-2010

Quote:
... No one else ever does . Anyone else feels that way ? I'm being serious , I normaly play tank or heavy support and used to hover around 70 % win ratio in normal of course . Recently i said F that i wanna try something else , let others do their part... well didnt quite work out that way.

Went from 70 % win to 70 % loss by stoping playing tanks , No one ever picks one . Ppl get the cool or new champs , quickly lock in then you are stuck with singed or olaf as your tank . Not only they are your main tanks but the guys playing them decide it would be funny to go manamune on singed so basicly annie's the tank on your team....

So , Does this happen to anyone else ? Where you are just kind of forced of playing tank otherwise you know its going to be a loss and none of those selfish pricks will play one.

PS nothing wrong with olaf of singed ( And not talking about having both on the team at the same time , Each on a different game ) , they are good Off tank , but they arent main tanks specialy when played as AD.
thisthisthisthisthis

Awelex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Used to main rammus so it didn't bother me but recently I started playing kassadin and poppy so it really starts to annoy me that each match i see 4 squishy nuker/dps characters who keep saying 'go tank'.. : s

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-12-2010

Isn't it ironic, that the lowest person in Champ Select has a (stereotypically speaking) lower ELO than everyone who instalocks carries, then the stereotypically lower ELO person at the end is forced to pick the tank. They proceed to do everything right, leading to their team dominating, then they STILL get **** for it from the "higher ELO pewpew carry lockers" who would have lost had that last person not been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneStranger View Post
For me it's different each game. Sometimes I would get teammates who would pick DPS carries and horribly fail with them. Although, the last time when I wasn't a tank, our Rammus would not buy oracle against a heavily fed Twitch. He heavily protested, "Why should the tank buy oracle?!" Glass cannon Heimerdinger should not be forced to buy oracle just because our Rammus is an idiot. Anyway, just play with either friends who play tanks well or play with friends who can play good carries.
Honestly, if Twitch was fat, everyone on your team should have been getting Oracles, and gluing themselves to each other until he's dead. You don't counter Twitch by ordering your slavetank to buy Oracles. You counter him by seeing him before he opens up with S'n'P.

Bellicus

09-12-2010

i only play tanks when i want to. if my team loses, oh well. shame. at least i didnt have to play such a boring character like alistar.