So , if I don't pick a tank ....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SAI Peregrinus

09-11-2010

I feel that taking damage is bad, and thus I tend to be bad at playing tanks.

That doesn't mean I can't play tanky characters. AS/Lifesteal Cho'Gath and AP/MR Singed are both good, and bring more to their teams than pure tank builds (Pure tank Cho' is ignorable, AP cho blows his load and is done.)

Lovebot

09-12-2010

I, personally, enjoy tanking. For those of you that are forced into it, however, my advice is to pick a non "standard" tank. For me it's Mordekaiser, I love being beefy and yet dishing out absurd amounts of damage. It's a game, if you want to help your team out by tanking then do so, but don't completely neglect your own experience at the same time.

Mothertrucker

09-12-2010

Personaly i think everyone should own a main tank a off tank + 2-3 carries and actually play and get good at them . Theres plenty of different tanks out there for everyone's taste . More ppl need to do their part .

Being 7-2-0 When your team is losing because you have no tank doesnt give you the right to blame your teamates btw . Its like they pick Heroes that will garantuee them a half decent score to cover themselves and give them the ''right'' to blame others .

iStarr

09-12-2010

I play Amumu if we don't have a tank and jungle with him, if not, I play annie.

Mothertrucker

09-12-2010

bump

LunarisDream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Story of my life. A good tank wins games because tanks usually have a disabling ability, to save lives or kill. I switched from Twitch to Shen and found that my I actually started winning moar. Then I switched to Akali and won even more. Switches are good.

svartingr

09-12-2010

Given the choice of all the "archetypes" in the game, I'd rather play Tank, Support, or Caster over anything else.

Which I guess is good for the people who solo queue with me.

But I do agree with you. There are some times I don't want to tank. I want to try and get better at playing Carries.

Only by then, the rest of the team has locked in... as carries.

Zenethalos

09-12-2010

I think its more of a fear paradigm then not actually wanting to play a tank. How many threads do we see where people play a tank and complain that their team never backs them? I see two or three a day.

So many other players see that and insta lock so they can avoid having to be the tank and be the **** that sais 'Hey guis we need a tank."

I love to play tanks, I have an amazing record with Alistar, and an absurd 30/2 with Malphite(Pre buff) but I cannot for the life of me play them solo Q, its Russian Roulette.

My best advise is play a good off tank, if you can get good at Udyr you can initiate, kick ass, run, and still live

NoShogun

09-12-2010

This annoys me even more because whenever someone complains about having a bad team, the usual response is to tell them to play a hard carry and carry their team. Here's the thing: when everyone insta-locks in as a squishy DPS, what am I to do? I play a tank like I should and I don't have the damage output to carry the team. Good tanking helps win, but when Master Yi goes into highlander and runs ahead of Alistar, alpha strikes in, and then dies... well there's only so much a tank can do.

Cat Eyed Liar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

I've always had to cope by picking a tank whenever everyone else picks carries. Just how it goes. :|