Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vlad + Frozen Heart

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cookie Chan

08-07-2012

I want people opinion on what if frozen heart is a good choice or not to counter top.
I believe that it's not but some friend won't listen to me and I don't have the patience or the time to argue with him. I strongly believe that randuin's / zhonya or even GA can do a better job on vlad for top and gives a better end game. (Would like some explanation why FH would be better or why any other item would be better than FH)

Owl Be Back

08-07-2012

why the hell would you get FH on vlad

Pig Magus

08-07-2012

All that mana is really useful.

ProPlayerEd

08-07-2012

Just tell your friends to Fck Off :/

ResidualShade

08-07-2012

if you want an armor item to counter top then just buy a chain shirt and upgraded into a zhonya late game. hell if you want more armor then that then upgrade it to a thron. wasting all that gold on mana you cant uses is stupid.

acosn

08-07-2012

There's a better source of every stat on FH for Vlad in another item.

CDR has multiple options.
Armor has the hourglass.

Judas Priest

08-07-2012

Frozen Heart for Vladimir is a waste of gold since he doesn't use mana, there are better options. My favorite is Zhonya's Hourglass, because it gives you 100 AP (and 140 HP due to his passive) and you can use it in your combos to be invulnerable until you wait your cooldowns to reset, so you will have more survivability to deal a lot more damage:

R, Ignite, E, Q, pool - [wait for the first cooldown reset] - AA, E, Q, Zhonya - [wait for the second cooldown reset] - AA, E, Q

If you need a second item that provides armor, you could buy Thornmail and change it for another better item later, like Randuin's Omen. I think the second one is better because it offers CDR, HP5 and HP (AP too, due to his passive), not only armor.