Prospector's Ring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volandum

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
(And it wouldn't really affect bot much, since most casters start with catalyst or tear, not ring)
Really? Tear start is way too squishy, and I've seen teams with 2 catalyst starts never even make it to contest windmill.

otirruborez

08-07-2012

it's the same way with doran blade/ring.

10 ad is much better than 15 ap(even if you have 1 ap ratio).

baron buff is even more in favor of ad. free bf sword for ad! free....blasting wand for ap.

The Fizznity

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticHypnotic View Post
(Haunting Guise > Prospector Ring) anyway
QFT

I'd rather start with Guise components and rush a Codex and/or chalice after than a Prospector's Ring.

DiscworldDeath

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Really? Tear start is way too squishy, and I've seen teams with 2 catalyst starts never even make it to contest windmill.
He said it wouldn't affect bot much.

But if you bump P. Ring, it's going to be even better to be taken bot.

otirruborez, that's the per gold AD and AP ratios.

It's more 35-40 AP for 20 AD, true, but 5% Life-steal is worth 275 gold, compared to 7 MP5, which is priced at 390 gold. That accounts for some of the difference.

otirruborez

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
He said it wouldn't affect bot much.

But if you bump P. Ring, it's going to be even better to be taken bot.

otirruborez, that's the per gold AD and AP ratios.

It's more 35-40 AP for 20 AD, true, but 5% Life-steal is worth 275 gold, compared to 7 MP5, which is priced at 390 gold. That accounts for some of the difference.
20 ad is worth more than 35-40 ap. 20 ad is a 1:1 ratio, can crit, and happens on every auto attack. i'm not talking about gold value, just pure effectiveness.

7 mp5 is a whopping 42 mana in 30 seconds. yipeeeee. 5% steal isn't very good either, but you don't buy it for that.

DiscworldDeath

08-08-2012

I'm talking the per gold worth, not in game.

The 5% LS is nearly useless early game, to be honest.

With 0 mana, thus full usage of the CS Aura, you get 21 MP5 from the ring, that's a theoretical 126 mana per 30 seconds if you can keep your mana at 0. It actually makes a very big difference.

NavyGothic

08-08-2012

LS and mp5 are almost opposites. LS starts off nearly worthless, but scales stupidly well. mp5 starts off rather vital (for some casters, anyway), but rapidly loses value toward the endgame.

Volandum

08-08-2012

No, if you're spamming 7 mp5 is more like 100 mana in 30 seconds. Looks a bit better? With your natural regeneration this keeps your mana up.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

I agree that Pros Ring is underpowered. While the MP5 CAN be useful, it takes up too much 'value'.

Most champs that do require lots of mana will go with a Tear instead, upgraded to manamune/AA later on. Or a catalyst for high sustain.

Remember that unlike SR, you CANNOT take multiples. In general the Ring wont provide enough MP5 if you really need lots of it. So you still wind up going with another mana mitigation item anyways, and if its not a Tear or Catalyst, what is it? Evil Tome is really the only other decent choice. Or chalice which is kind of redundant since youve got 5 of them (passive effect only) built in already!

Pros Blade gives 800g of AD, 500g of health, and 210g worth of lifesteal.
Ring gives 600g of AP, 500g of health, and 420g of MP5.

I would be in favor of bumping the AP to 40 so that AP/AD have same value, and reduce MP5 to 4 starting. That would be a lot more fair and many AP champs could then start with the ring while retaining efficiency.

Volandum

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Most champs that do require lots of mana will go with a Tear instead, upgraded to manamune/AA later on. Or a catalyst for high sustain.
This is really not true. I think you're still underestimating how strong MP5 is on dominion.