Twisted Treeline is not broken, you just don't know how to play it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lavaetinn

08-10-2012

Taking an early tower can be a viable strategy, though. No tower = roaming champs = hell for the other lanes.

BashDaddy

08-13-2012

No TT is broken but not because the champs are not balanced with 3s in mind but because of the ability to turtle. You are always going to lose some blind pick games just because your team comp pwns yours. There is nothing you can do about it.

Not killing the inhibitors obviously takes away the problem of your lanes constantly pushing giving the enemy team free farm in their base but it is still broken that they can pull minions into the laser.

You always have to kill the inhibitor before you kill the final tower, and all the minions can be pulled into the laser/destroyed as they are being pulled meaning the opposing team HAS to dive the tower in order to kill it. This can be done but not against all teams, its not something you have to do in any case, the idea that you can pull entire minion waves is not consistent with how the game was meant to be designed. Minions are meant to push to the towers and eventually the final structure.

I have won countless Amumu games by turtling this way as diving the tower aginst a team with heavy CC is just not possible. Just recently we were getting destroyed 11 kills to nil against a team with a Panth but because he is so bad late we managed to turtle and win.

YES you are right in saying don't kill the inhibitors but that does not change the fact you HAVE to kill the inhibitors before you are forced to DIVE the final tower. It is broken even if you don't like to think so.

Judas Priest

08-13-2012

I read your post. You said "First point: Tanky DPS champs dominate in blind pick normals.", but this is just a vague assert (no offense), you are not arguing, you are pointing a personal opinion about that. I still think tanky DPS totally dominate on TT and you didn't say anything that proves it wrong, your text seemed like just an opinion.

Swiftcarp

08-13-2012

While I do agree with a good chunk of it (Mostly that people don't understand the uniqueness of TT and immediately treat it as SR), I can't really agree with your jungling section. In a sense, having the jungle that narrow IS a broken factor of TT. You need a manaless tanky jungler (Exception being low mana cost/strong spell junglers, such as nunu). I'll go ahead and say it: you have about 6 options at maximum for champions to realistically jungle (Those being Riven/mundo/shen/Lee sin/Nunu/shyvana). Compare that to SR where you can take almost any character and jungle them with at least moderate success.

Now, I'm not saying TT has to be that easy to jungle (In fact, I'd rather it not be), but when 2 teams can collectively ban all the viable junglers, that's ****ed. I'm not saying TT needs a blue buff to make mana users better, but maybe jungle camps could give a mana return upon killing the camp, similar to SR? Variety is a good thing, and it's direly needed if TT is to be considered anything but a joke.

BashDaddy

08-15-2012

How did I get downvoted? How?

Koldheartedjsp

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashDaddy View Post
How did I get downvoted? How?
because

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashDaddy View Post
No TT is broken but not because the champs are not balanced with 3s in mind but because of the ability to turtle. You are always going to lose some blind pick games just because your team comp pwns yours. There is nothing you can do about it.

Not killing the inhibitors obviously takes away the problem of your lanes constantly pushing giving the enemy team free farm in their base but it is still broken that they can pull minions into the laser.

You always have to kill the inhibitor before you kill the final tower, and all the minions can be pulled into the laser/destroyed as they are being pulled meaning the opposing team HAS to dive the tower in order to kill it. This can be done but not against all teams, its not something you have to do in any case, the idea that you can pull entire minion waves is not consistent with how the game was meant to be designed. Minions are meant to push to the towers and eventually the final structure.

I have won countless Amumu games by turtling this way as diving the tower aginst a team with heavy CC is just not possible. Just recently we were getting destroyed 11 kills to nil against a team with a Panth but because he is so bad late we managed to turtle and win.

YES you are right in saying don't kill the inhibitors but that does not change the fact you HAVE to kill the inhibitors before you are forced to DIVE the final tower. It is broken even if you don't like to think so.
so wrong. So so wrong

PhoEater

08-15-2012

Great post! Though I think taking an inhibitor early in TT came sometimes give you a great advantage, you definitely have a point in saying that full tanky dps comps are somewhat overrated and that there are many more viable options.

dr4track

08-15-2012

This is my 1st time posting but I just wanted to share my 2 cents on a topic that I c talked about quite a bit.

I do not believe that TT is a broken map, I do believe that Riot could invest some time into the map and that a few minor changes would be nice. I mean for heavens sake they have been working on the proving grounds map.

Just to preface a bit b4 i get into my arguments, I only play TT and have been doing so for over a year now. I have played around a 1000 games with a win ratio of just over 50%, I do not played ranked and am probably a very average to below average player. I mostly play bruisers or straight tanks. So obviously any of my points are a reflection of my game experience and the level of play that I am familiar with.

The whole "turtle" thing is a little overstated IMO. Any time I see a team succeed in winning with this strat (not that this is absolute) is because the team with the lead made mistakes such as didnt keep their lanes pushed, didnt bother building defense, decided to tank the turret 2v3 or simply didnt wait for the right time. I do recognise that certain champs are very effective at being turtles but in most cases when turtling is effective its because of player decisions and not so much the map. In all of the games I played it has only happened on limited occasions.

The whole bruisers dominate thing is also IMO a reflection of player skill and not playing the matchup correctly. Now while bruisers do dominate I generally believe it is because they have the easiest time capitalising on building early game advantages. At the lvl I play at I c countless early lvl fights where 1 side has a clear disadvantage and they fight anyways. I do believe that certain champs are slightly unbalanced on TT but not to the point where its broken, it just requires more focus and good decision making.

Obviously the lack of ranked solo q , which is extremely popular, is a big downside of TT and unless Riot changes that there is really no point in discussing it.

I could go on and on about it really but I wont, suffice it to say that I agree with most of the people that like TT , in that it is its own map and therefore needs to be treated as such. Most of the time I can tell when a player mostly plays 5v5 and happens to be in a 3v3 game, the playstyle is different.

Some of the changes I would like to c in TT: TT items ( similar to dominion)

A big game changing objective (similar to baron in 5v5) one of the things that is laking in 3v3 is the big objective that starts a fight, Dragon is not valuable enough, a lot of times getting or losing a couple drags will not decide the game. A big objective that will really give one team the advantage if they get it may not only make the game more exciting but also solve the turtle issue as well, but I could also be way off.

A little effort put into TT, i realise it is not a popular map, but as far as I know Dominion isnt either, and the proving grounds is just a gimmick. Just a little love is all I d like. But whatever i ll still play anyways.

BillyWilder

08-15-2012

Ive manily played tt for the last 3 years. Yeah yeah call me noob but i like it cause its quicker. Games range from 15 min to 30 min usually top. Where i have been in some sr games and they went well over an hour. I like the smaller map, it allows you to reenter game play faster after death instead of sr's larger map. I m not saying anything bad about sr i play it aswell but i perfer tt. Pretty much bc its faster and smaller map. But if they didnt have tt then i prob wouldnt play as much as i do.