Twisted Treeline is not broken, you just don't know how to play it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aceroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...ust_dont_know/

My post on reddit. It's long as hell, but I think I do pretty well at outliniong why people think TT is broken and why it's actually not.

Ko to the Ni

08-07-2012

It's not completely broken where it's unplayable but it does have some significant issues. The 3 big points you made being some of the more common complaints. There is definitely truth in those complaints but you do make some good points like about not taking inhibs every chance you get.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Aceroth we love you

Goggris

08-07-2012

Aceroth - thank you for that wonderful post. I cringe every time I see someone complain about "TT BROKEN/IMBALANCED/BRUISER-OP/etc". It isn't SR and it never will be. It is its own map, with a separate strategy and meta. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean its not valid.

Exotic3s

08-07-2012

I have been trying to output this message PLZ everyone bump this I want everyone to see this.

Boo

08-07-2012

you're 100% spot on

Uncle Jellyfish

08-09-2012

Post this in the SR/GD forums. XD

Vexinity

08-10-2012

So true.

Disqualifier

08-10-2012

Great post

Psybeerian

08-10-2012

Nice post.

I played TT for over a year when I first started LOL and since then and in the year plus since I last played it has received zero attention. Zero positive attention that is.

It is it's own animal but the lack of a solo queue ranked or a normal draft is two more reasons I don't play it. Variety is bad on SR but it has nothing on TT unless you have your dedicated ranked team. Which is great if you do but its just another obstacle to casual drop in play.

Don't get me wrong, I love the pace and the quicker more constant action and the fact that you don't sit passively and farm forever before team fights but when you can't play a map intuitively and win... it's a bad map.

I understand you can make the game enjoyable if you have your ranked team to ban the FOTM to allow some variety and when you understand the dynamics of the inhib and the fountain turret you can go for the kill instead of starting a 1 hour plus turtle game. I also understand that it just makes TT that much more of a niche map.

Unfortunately.