So is Diana any good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

08-07-2012

At least Phreak told everyone to rush a Rabadons in Dominion, or else we'd think he actually played the game mode!

ArlanKels

08-07-2012

She is the worst champion in the game.
Do not play her.
Do not pick her.
Do not ban her.

And ignore the fact that I'm playing her.

Lumara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

I still think she fills a role similar to Sejuani mixed with Amu with Akali type abilties, but no one has stumbled unto this build yet and thus shes not too popular which is good.

larkhill

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Good, bad, it's a one-point wonder skill. This game suffers from severve stagnation, and champions having one obvious skill order doesn't help it. It would be a fine skill on a different champion, but it's a dull skill to have on an AP assassin. Much like her passive it's just kind of there, it doesn't really change the way you play her even if it's useful at times.
the game is only as stagnant as your creativity allows. you think of her as an ap assassin who builts AP and probably goes R > Q > W > E and kills things., which is perfectly fine. what if you were to build her pure tank and level R > W > E > Q? you max shield first and max E second for more slow. she becomes one of the best initiators. her Q becomes a one point wonder where all u need it for is putting the debuff on so u can use your ult.

see how that works? you gotta be creative. if you dont change your perspective on things, bad things happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
I still think she fills a role similar to Sejuani mixed with Amu with Akali type abilties, but no one has stumbled unto this build yet and thus shes not too popular which is good.
are you one of those people that stumbled onto this mythical awesome build? care to elaborate in a new thread?

Melvear

08-07-2012

I like to see her as a sustained magic dps kinda like morde, but with really much better mobility, and less sustain (health sustain that is).

I've also tried her with an on-hit build and it works pretty good too. The passive is pretty strong if you can have some mpen.

Rebonack

08-07-2012

If you want a magic-damage Assassin with some long range poke and decent durability then Nightmare Moon seems like a pretty solid pick. Otherwise Fizz or Akali are probably more adept at leaping into the fray and murdering some faces off.

Grantson

08-07-2012

Seen a few Diana. Her Q is not hard to predict once you get use to the pattern. Unlike the normal skill shots where you move left or right to dodge. You move either forward or backward when you think she's going to fire.

Most successful ones I've seen build burst with lichbane/DFG combo in a CC heavy group.

Phourc

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
She is the worst champion in the game.
Do not play her.
Do not pick her.
Do not ban her.

And ignore the fact that I'm playing her.
I found this funny, but from the downvotes guess I was the only one ):

otirruborez

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
So far I havent been super impressed.
Shes a melee-ranged AP like Fizz except without the invulnerable effect and big AP ratios and burst.

She also seems to lack a reliable gapcloser. I guess the Ult is theoretically her gapcloser, but man...its bad! 0.6 ratio, awful damage. Even if usable 2x, its not a very good ult.

Her ranged Nuke is pretty easy to avoid due to slow travel speed.

Her slow effect has a really crappy area of effect and only 2 seconds? With a 26 sec CD to start? Hell, Riven has a freaking STUN that deals damage with the same AoE and way faster cooldown on a MANALESS champ no less.

Extra attack speed? Meh. Every 3rd hit does 0.6 AP ratio and some flat dmg. Even at 18, thats like 90+0.2AP onhit, which is way worse than even a bruiser's AD ratio on autoattack.

Dunno about the shield nuke thing. Never really noticed it.
you can say that for any ap. vlad's q would be 57(.15)~ per hit. all ap abilities look bad compared to auto attacks when you do it that way. and to be honest, in dominion when everyone is fed, they ARE bad compared to ad(which is why most mages are less than stellar in this mode).

her passive is still a very strong nuke(compared to ap nukes) on 3 attacks, which is better than a nuke on a 3 second cool down if you can get hits off.

Reflective

08-08-2012

So what are you guys building?