Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So is Diana any good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

08-07-2012

Some people on eu-w already consider her very strong.

This is because a top player picked her in a custom, went AP Assassin (Lich Bane, DFG), and owned them hard.

After some more games after I got them to stop banning her, many people think she's strong, but not OP, some still call OP, we still call them knee-jerkers.

She's definitely solid.

CommodoreSkippy

08-07-2012

Solid, and Fun. Her abilities all have great synergy with each other and there is a lot of snap judgement.
I've got barely any experience with her yet, but I'm looking forward to more and finding the right build.

Infirc

08-07-2012

Seems pretty solid to me, good enough burst when she's on your Face, it's pretty pointless firing her q froma distance with a chance to missif you are jumping anyways and almost as sticky as Fiora, what sn't clear is her build, i've seen a different variant of Diana for every game i played today (and a heimerdinger who took flash and mocked the rest of his teammates because we four ahd revive i mean if the four have something doesn't it ring any bell to you??, but anyways), i've seen lots of Diana variants on Dominion, from the triforce+tank items, to someone with Dfg+Ap cannon to someone with a Guinsoos, the one that did the most though was the one that had Dfg her Q hurts too much but it is dodgable so the Dfg helps compensating on the dps loss.

larkhill

08-07-2012

havent played her live (i try and avoid patch day games) but i played her on the pbe many times. she's a lot like akali where she seems like a lot of potential because of her dmg and mobility but she has a tendency to blow up when used as an initiator.

her usefulness will be dependent on how u enter a fight and how good her shield is. if she can survive the initial entrance, she'll do well.

she does a bit less dmg than akali overall but her itemization is a tad better (tanky ap items are easier to build than hybrid dmg items) and she has a shield. her shield is the key. leveling shield first and Q second, i wanna test out two different builds. first off, the mpen build. rush guise, sorc shoes, and abyssal then go either tanky or pure dmg. the other build is a lichbane + rylai's + athenes build to maximize burst

athenes is going to be an interesting item. depending on how many fights/ganks u do, mana might be an issue and the added MR might be great.

naotasan

08-07-2012

I haven't played her yet, but I've played against her. She does a good amount of burst damage, but once her cool downs are burned, she's pretty open. Kind of like Brand or Lux.

GET REKT FGT

08-07-2012

Meh, I like her. She's my answer to Soraka, except melee.

lbgsloan

08-07-2012

She's basically Akali with a shield instead of a stealth bubble, more aoe damage but less single target damage. It works out better IMO since bubble can be countered, while a shield is a shield. She's decent, gives another viable AP champion that can go top. From what I've played of her the numbers on her Q are too good overall, but her E is boring filler. Terrible range and no incentive to skill it beyond level 1 until the end. It's like they got lazy after making her Q-R, and just phoned it in after that.

larkhill

08-07-2012

Quote:
lbgsloan:
She's basically Akali with a shield instead of a stealth bubble, more aoe damage but less single target damage. It works out better IMO since bubble can be countered, while a shield is a shield. She's decent, gives another viable AP champion that can go top. From what I've played of her the numbers on her Q are too good overall, but her E is the worst filler trash I've seen in a while. Terrible range and no incentive to skill it beyond level 1 until the end. It literally exists so that she isn't completely useless in SR ganks until 6.

your take on E is horribly inaccurate. try not being such a pessimistic person and you might see it as a useful skill. its not that its a bad skill, its actually an amazing skill. its simply amazing no matter how many ranks it has.

her E is basically an orianna ult centered around yourself. as you pointed out, her Q is great and her shield is adequate for what u need it to do. having her E be useful even without skilling it past rank 1 means that u can focus on her other skills.

MyDeadGrandma

08-07-2012

Seems to be a more viable version of akali.

@2 posts above. Use your E on a group of enemies when you have an alistar or win nao on your team and tell me it's bad.

lbgsloan

08-07-2012

Quote:
Larkhill:
your take on E is horribly inaccurate. try not being such a pessimistic person and you might see it as a useful skill. its not that its a bad skill, its actually an amazing skill. its simply amazing no matter how many ranks it has.

her E is basically an orianna ult centered around yourself. as you pointed out, her Q is great and her shield is adequate for what u need it to do. having her E be useful even without skilling it past rank 1 means that u can focus on her other skills.

Good, bad, it's a one-point wonder skill. This game suffers from severve stagnation, and champions having one obvious skill order doesn't help it. It would be a fine skill on a different champion, but it's a dull skill to have on an AP assassin. Much like her passive it's just kind of there, it doesn't really change the way you play her even if it's useful at times.