Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Diana jungle build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

08-07-2012

According to Stonewalls video, you can start boots + 3 pots or Armor + 5 pots.. But what about Dorans Ring?

And what do you do after that? Been tinkering with ideas for sheen into lichbane, revolver into gunblade, possibly dfg... seems like Rylais would be very nifty.. What do you guys think?

knormanx

08-07-2012

do not getgunblade. I got that last game and I swear I was healing for nothing. I can't be entirely sure, but i don't even think her passive triggers spellvamp.

Dark Castellan

08-07-2012

boots 3 > catalist > finish mercs > RoA > Dcap > Zhonyas/Abyssal when needed (protip build abyssal to win duels with an enemy diana)

Obv. you can switch boots out, other good options are rhalis and lichbane, and some other "meh" items are WoTA, Nashors, Athenes.

and please why do people want to put gunblade on diana? Its terrible for her kit and only 1 ability heals for full (ult), as others are AOE so only heal 1/3 of damage into 20%. (ex. q hits 3 minions for 100 each, its not 60 health its 20) Yet i still se it and cringe on like 60% of builds.

CiT0

08-07-2012

i dunno but why would you want RoA as a jungler seems like catalyst proc would be a waste for jungling

Dark Castellan

08-07-2012

Quote:
CiT0:
i dunno but why would you want RoA as a jungler seems like catalyst proc would be a waste for jungling

I like it because it gives you alot of beef, and more sustain so spellvamp wont be neccicary, I run her more tanky than glass cannon assasin, and the health helps alot for jungle duels.

Cenerae

08-07-2012

Quote:
knormanx:
do not getgunblade. I got that last game and I swear I was healing for nothing. I can't be entirely sure, but i don't even think her passive triggers spellvamp.

Her passive isn't a spell, so it wouldn't proc gunblade if it's like the others. It's just a triggered onhit effect.

As for why you'd get gunblade, you generally pick it up because the champion can benefit from everything it offers. Katarina and Akali are the most commonly seen users - they use every stat except arguably the lifesteal, and get a nuke and slow on top of it.

P.S - it doesn't matter that her spells may be aoe. If you hit 3 targets with your aoe abilities, then you're healing for a 'normal' amount. If you hit more, you get more. Not that I'm arguing she should opt for a sustain route, but to say it's bad just because of the spell vamp part is silly.

Marcbot

08-07-2012

Diana jungle is similar to alot of AP junglers...

You'll want philo stone and HoG imo, the rest depends on what your team needs. FH is good on her.

R0ACH

08-07-2012

Seeing as she's next to her target and has no escape I don't see how you could not go tanky. Besides, you benefit from being in the thick of it because of E's incredible teamfight potential.

btw I like the idea of FH on her. If you get free hp then you can make it more effective by getting resists. You can get free hp more often by getting cooldown reduction. I like your build Marc. Seems skarner like in more ways than one. Aoe slow in multiple forms and the mobility and damage to screw over an important target. I like.

ResidualShade

08-07-2012

my current experimental build.

boots 3 -> philo -> hog -> kendle -> wits + ionians + randuins + abyssal + shyrelia's + deathcap

Methamphetamind

08-07-2012

Not sure if it would work with all rune set ups, but I really like getting Malady as first item (start with Dagger to proc passive)

Atk Spd, AP, MR reduction on hit. Made for diana.

After this I follow the trend, Sorc Shoes -> Haunting Visage -> Abyssal = 49 spell pen (runes/shoes/visage), and 38 reduced MR (abyssal/malady).

Last 2 items are free but;
-Rylais is strong (because Diana and akali are the same),

-Guinsoo's is worth a look because it is another AP/Atk speed item (and the damage is useful too, given that your passive procs on third strike)

With this much magic pen, and your kit, you are a brutal anti carry. AP and AD carries both need to choose between buying enough mr to bring themselves back to positive mr, and buying enough dps items to perform their role well.