RIOT: Gentleman and Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synk

Recruiter

08-07-2012

Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath. Jesus.
Let's be honest, it looks good. Actually, amazing.
That's the problem, it's too amazing.

Hi Riot, first of all I just want to say Thank you for the Game. It is Epic.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I would love to address the new Cho'Gath Skin, Battlecast Prime. I feel that the skin is too detailed and to awesome in the sense it makes Gentleman Cho'Gath redundant. I personally love Cho'Gath and I own Gentleman, and the novelty of the skin is not just from the actual look, but from the fact that it is legendary. I feel it was unnecessary to give Cho'Gath, a champion who already has a legendary skin, ANOTHER Legendary Skin. I feel it would have been a better idea to release other legendary skins for other champions, as i'm sure millions of players out there are just waiting for a legendary skin to come out for their main.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love the new skin, and I feel it really was an idea that was too good to just dismiss. However, I feel that there must be something done for Gentleman Cho'Gath and the somewhat 'veteran' players who own that skin.
The easiest solution I could think of is to Retire Gentleman Cho'Gath. This at least allows us Gentleman Cho'Gath owners to at least gain some sort of rush for knowing we own a skin that can never be bought again. Just like Heimerdinger or Corki's Legendary, it would be great if you could retire the skin and make it a novelty in its self.
Another idea, somewhat impractical, is to maybe change the animations as Gentleman only as a change in voice and a top hat. Now again, I love the top hat, I wouldn't change it for the world, but I feel there needs to be a bit more oomf for the skin to at least put it in par against Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, as I feel as if Gentleman is just an ordinary skin compared to Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath.
Thirdly, another option would be to maybe increase the price of Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath and improve it a bit more to make it in par with theme skins. I mean come'on, it's like a little tweak away from Pulsefire Ezreal anyway.

Hue There Sexy

08-07-2012

I completely agree, I kinda wanted a refund for my Gentleman skin when Battlecast Prime skin was released . .

Mango027

08-07-2012

paraphrasing from previous threads.

Gentleman Cho is a 2010 widget that you paid 50 thingys for.
Battlecast Cho is a 2012 widget that is now priced at 50 thingys.

I want to sell my 2010 widget, but it is not worth the 50 thingys i bought it for ... long story short, things depreciate in value over time, get used to it.

ShiftyPie

Recruiter

11-26-2012

I think that Gentleman Cho Gath is better. nomnomnom