Hybrid Penetration Item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voeltz

08-07-2012

1485 Haunting Guise

+ +25 Ability Power +200 Health UNIQUE Passive: +20 Magic Penetration
__________________________________________________ ________
1337 The Brutalizer

+25 Attack Damage UNIQUE Passive: +10% Cooldown UNIQUE Passive:
+15 Armor Penetration
__________________________________________________ ________
3300-3600 New Item (Idk what to call it)

+45 Ability Power +35 Attack Damage +250 Health +15% Cooldown
UNIQUE Passive: +30 Magic Penetration +30 Armor Penetration

The reasoning behind it:
I dont think there are enough hybrid item options, especially for penetration. I think the Ability power and attack damage bonuses could be more or less..but overall an item like this would be nice to see. Whenever I play Jax or akali I wish I could build something out of The Brutalizer and Haunting Guise but they are just dead end items currently. Please allow these two underused items to build into something.

Triton95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

This seems like a really good idea. But i think the stats are a bit high Jax or Akali could rush this item after Hextech Revolver and absolutly wreck face with it. I would personally love an item like this but it would be supper OP. on champions who are already really OP.

TrippySkippy

08-07-2012

you can call it "The Haunting Brutalizing Guise"

axesandspears

08-07-2012

A flat penetration item is not a good idea because the available armor and magic penetration is dangerously high already.

Voeltz

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton95 View Post
This seems like a really good idea. But i think the stats are a bit high Jax or Akali could rush this item after Hextech Revolver and absolutly wreck face with it. I would personally love an item like this but it would be supper OP. on champions who are already really OP.
As I said in the post the AP/AD bonuses could be adjusted as well as the other bonuses..Riot would be better at doing that than me.

Voeltz

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
A flat penetration item is not a good idea because the available armor and magic penetration is dangerously high already.
There are some Armor Pen and Magic Pen items, but there are none for hybrids or ones that give additional stats like health and CDR. Thats why I made this post

axesandspears

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toruma View Post
There are some Armor Pen and Magic Pen items, but there are none for hybrids or ones that give additional stats like health and CDR. Thats why I made this post
1. Nashor's Tooth is the hybrid item with cooldown reduction. If you don't want that you should build an ap item with cdr or a defensive item with cdr because it is just stats.
2. Adding more flat penetration of either type with the high amounts that are already present could be a problem. Furthermore, hybrids already have the advantage that it is expensive to build armor and magic resistance simultaneously to counter their damage.
3. Hybrids only suffer problems due to a lack of penetration in the late-game; therefore, the best solution would be a hybrid % penetration item that does not stack well with Last Whisper or Void Staff. Something like this: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2277069